Post-Install, multiple recoccuring issues (blank screen, red x)

Hi everyone,

I’ve just recently install Matomo on ubuntu 18.04 and I’m having several reoccuring post-install issues.

I have installed matomo into a folder called analytics. Installation appeared to be successful.

Now, when I visit mysite/analytics/, about 50% of the time the main dashboard page is blank. So I reload the page. Then my widgets show up, but they almost always just have a red circle x with an oops there was a problem during the request error message.

So I reload again. Sometimes they will then load, other times, the page will go away and I’ll get a you 403 forbidden error (you don’t have permission to access the index.php page)…which is confusing because I have set the permissions on the index. php page to be 777, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

In doing some googling on this, I came across a thread that suggested I might need to up my php memory limit, so I did that to 5120m, and it seemed to help for a day or two, but now it’s back to 50% no widgets / widgets with red x’s and 50% widgets will load, but usually the visits overview will never show any data, but a couple of the others might.

This looks like a great program, but these issues are troubling to me so if anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it.

thanks!