Post-Hit Data

Hi Everyone,

First of all I would like to say that the efforts that have gone into Piwik are obvious and hopefully will yeild peositive results.

I’m strongly considering using Piwik as a replace for google analytics, but before we can commit we need a concrete P.O.C. for a somewhat unique situation.

We receive lead information through our website. After a user submits his/her information, they are contacted in person by one of our representatives and the lead is closed (or not) without any further interaction on our website.

We want associate traffic on our site with weither the lead was closed or not. This is not possible on google analytics because google analytics processes the hit in real time and you cannot apply dimension-widening data to previous hits.

Ideally, we would like to notify Piwik if a specific lead (Goal for Piwik) has closed or not and for piwik to include this data in its reports, such as Keyword -> Num closed leads… etc.

I am hoping that Piwik will have an elegent solution to our problem.

Thank you for your time.
Nabil Alsharif.

Hi Nabil, This is possible with Piwik but may require some explanations and walk through.

for such requests, I can recommend you get in touch for professional support We offer support subscriptions for businesses worldwide to make the most out of Piwik analytics. - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thank for the reply.

However, like I said, we cannot commit to Piwik before we have at least an Proof Of Concept that what we want to do is possible with Piwik.

it sounds like you have to do a bit of research and see if Piwik will work for you. Check out the FAQs and user guides for more info