Piwik suddenly stopped reporting data on my sites

On Sunday afternoon Piwik stopped reporting any new data coming in and as of right now I still am not getting any new data coming in. Everything has been working fine for several months and I did not make any changes when the data stopped being reported. I have read through the troubleshooting FAQ and could not find the issue there.

I am tracking about 12 sites which in totality get about 5,000 to 10,000 unique visitors per day. I have Piwik hosted on Bluehost on a shared server so I don’t know if this is the issue. I talked to support with Bluehost and they could not find any errors which would have caused this problem. I noticed the piwik database has used about 1,000 Mb of data.

The sites have the tracking code (obviously, since they were all reporting traffic before this happened). The visitors log is not getting any new data either.

I really need to get tracking of these sites and I am willing to pay someone to look into it if I have to. I am also considering switching to a better server, but I would like to know what the problem is first to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen. If I have to switch everything to a new server it will kind of be a pain so I would outsource this and need any suggestions on who to use or hire for this as well.

I have updated the PHP on my Bluehost account to 5.4 since it was at 5.2, but that did not fix the problem. Everything is still showing 0 even though I am still getting traffic to my sites. By the way, most of these sites are on my VPS account.

Any ideas would be helpful. I am not extremely tech savvy, so hopefully I will be able to both understand and implement any suggestions any of you might have. Thanks in advance for your help.

I really need to get tracking of these sites and I am willing to pay someone to look into it if I have to.

Please contact the Professional Services team at: http://piwik.org/consulting/#contact-consultant

Thanks, Matt. I tried that and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I hope you heard back now, if not please send to matt@piwik.org

Thanks Matt. It was very strange but yesterday all the data started being collected again and it looks like Piwik is working just fine. I didn’t make any other changes other than the ones mentioned on my OP. Not sure what happened but glad to be up and running again.