Piwik Stopped Recording on 11th May 2015 at 17:44 (GMT +6.5 hrs)

My Piwik which is self-hosted on my website using the latest version of Wordpress 4.2.2. Piwik stopped recording suddenly on 11th May 2015. I can still access the Dashboard and Visitor Log but the recording of visitor activities has stopped.

I updated my Piwik to the latest version 2.13.1 on 9th May 2015.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

This is unfortunate - do you still have the issue?

are you using any third party plugin?

Dear Matt:

I am honoured by you responding personally.

My self hosted Piwik has been operating for 2 years now. It has never stopped before. Except on 11th May 2015 and it is still not working

I have not installed any 3rd party plugins on Piwik.

My plugins page header reads " Origin All (40) | Core (40) | Third-party (0) Status All (53) | Active (40) | Inactive (13) "

I ran a System Check in the Diagnostic section and it says " Huzzah! There are no problems with your Piwik setup. Give yourself a pat on the back. "

On Wordpress itself I have WP-Piwik plugin by Andre Brakling installed. But I have deactivated it.

Appreciate your advice on this.

Andrew

I have the same issue here - Piwik stopped loggin on my both websites at 11th of may

I checked my Wordpress footer. The Javascript Tracking Code does not work any more. Try reinstalling it.

This is what you should do :

Go to Administration/Website/Javascript Tracking Code and view the tracking codes.

Go to your website and install the Javascript Tracking code into the footer of your website.

Disable the “Exclude your visits using a cooke” so that your visit to your own website is being tracked.

Clear your website cache.

Surf onto your website and alternate between to 2 obvious pages on your website and then check Piwik again. It should starts to record your visit again.

lol… I think this is not the best solution :wink:

If this does not work delete the Javascript Tracking Code and then install only the Image Tracking Code in your footer.

Clear your cache.

Good luck.

There has been several security updates from Wordpress lately and from the various Wordpress plugins. I think it is screwing up the Piwik Javascript Tracking Code.

You may need to review if your Javascript Tracking Code is still working and switch to using the Image Tracking Link if need be.

Andrew