Piwik stopped recording hits after intalling GeoIP

This problem is solved, but I wanted to post this here in case anyone runs into something similar. After I installed GeoIP, hits to my site were no longer being recorded.

Looking at my error_log file:

[Tue Apr 14 04:38:25 2009] [error] [client 68.78.2.xxx] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42846919 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/ammonow.com/httpdocs/stats/plugins/GeoIP/libs/geoip.inc on line 317

To fix:

Edit /etc/php.ini and change this line:

memory_limit = 32M

to something more reasonable, like:

memory_limit = 64M

Also, my countries were showing like this:

UserCountry_country_

Instead of the actual country. Hopefully this fix will address that also!

[quote=xtort- @ Apr 30 2009, 14:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif Where do I find /etc/php.ini

Regards

QUOTE (xtort- @ Apr 14 2009, 09:17 AM]This problem is solved, but I wanted to post this here in case anyone runs into something similar. After I installed GeoIP, hits to my site were no longer being recorded.

Looking at my error_log file:

[Tue Apr 14 04:38:25 2009] [error] [client 68.78.2.xxx] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42846919 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/ammonow.com/httpdocs/stats/plugins/GeoIP/libs/geoip.inc on line 317

To fix:

Edit /etc/php.ini and change this line:

memory_limit = 32M

to something more reasonable, like:

memory_limit = 64M

Also, my countries were showing like this:

UserCountry_country_

Instead of the actual country. Hopefully this fix will address that also![/quote]

Thanks, this really helped although in my case I had to raise it from 64MB to 128MB

This helped me also on the deployment of Piwik to a new server.
I needed to increase from 16M to 32MB.

/etc/php.ini is the path from the root in a linux OS.

In the case of Windows, it’s not located there. Look somewhere in the apache & php installation directories.

thx this works also for me !