Piwik Row Evolution hangs - waits forever - problem

Greetings,

I never saw row evolution work until accessing demo on piwik site (thanks for that!).

In our installation, clicking on row evolution has a pop dialog which displays "Loading Row Evolution"
with a timer icon…but it never goes away.

There is also no activity on database and the logs do not print any messages.

I thought i had found a page that recommended clearing cache, restarting server, and possibly upgrading.

I tried clearing cache and restarting server with no change and we are already using latest version (v1.11.1)

We are looking at Piwik as a key part of our web analytics, but unless can get “simple” problems like this resolved may have to
double down on Google Analytics.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,

-tony

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

please try with latest beta: 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks Matt, will try…any idea when beta will become full release ? Organization I work for is a little hesitant to use beta’s, but since we are in evaluation mode, it might work ok…

-tony

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

The beta in this case is much more stable than last stable

Hi Matt,

We updated to latest beta and everything went pretty smoothly…however, we still have a problem with Row Evolution not working.

Also, have tried to find a click path report (Dashboard, Actions, Pages, Referrers, Goals…) but have not found anything more than previous/next page reports.

Thanks for all your support.

Respectfully,

-tony

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

row evolution should work, contact us for pro help at: http://piwik.org/consulting/#contact-consultant if you need further assistance

Had the same issue, make sure you have PHP GD extension installed (ie. sudo apt-get install php5-gd).

If it didn’t work please provide more info (start developers tools in brower [F12 in Chrome]) and check if POST requests fail, and what is the message. In my case it was “call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor” which has led to “call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor” error in PHP & pChart - Stack Overflow

Good luck!