Piwik.php is the slowest thing on my server

i track about 40 sites with piwik on one install… they all use the piwik.php proxy script and every single site shows with page speed test that piwik.php is causing a 2 to 3 second load that reduces my server response time.

does the piwki.php script take advantage of async?

what could the problem be? i have turned off all the plugins that the forum suggests to disable…

It does this every time i check it with pingdom page speed test on all sites… 2 to 3 secounds of delay cuased by the piwik.php script.

I’m loosing my mind here.

the script should take 100ms or 300ms but not 3 seconds. You can try to enable debugging as explained here: Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

when you debug the tracker you will see messages printed in the piwik.php request. Maybe it will give you a clue as to what is taking too much time?

I turned on the debuging… I am not sure where to find any debugging messages… i installed firebug… doesn’t seem to say anything as far as i can see…

I read many times that the Core plugin “Providers” can slow down Piwik a lot if you don’t have great DNS or infrastructure.

Try disabling it as a test.

Dali