Piwik not tracking and giving error in settings

Hello, I installed Piwik on a personal blog, http://adventure.earrame.com, and it seems to be having some issues. first of all it doesn’t seem to be tracking visitors. secondly, and this may be related, when I am on the Piwik dashboard and click the settings tab, I get this error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik_Plugin’ not found in /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/plugins/ExampleUI/ExampleUI.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘The class ExampleUI couldn’t be found in the file ‘/home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/plugins/ExampleUI/ExampleUI.php’’ in /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/Plugin/Manager.php:952 Stack trace: #0 /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/Plugin/Manager.php(920): Piwik\Plugin\Manager->makePluginClass(‘ExampleUI’) #1 /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/Plugin/Manager.php(598): Piwik\Plugin\Manager->loadPlugin(‘ExampleUI’) #2 /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php(363): Piwik\Plugin\Manager->loadAllPluginsAndGetTheirInfo() #3 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller->safemode(Array) #4 /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php(586): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php(96): Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, ‘safemode’, Array) #6 /home/earrame/adventure.ear in /home/earrame/adventure.earrame.com/piwik/core/Plugin/Manager.php on line 952

Does anyone know what might be going on?

“ExampleUI” is an old plugin example, which version of Piwik did you install?

I think you can safely remove the “ExampleUI” directory, but maybe there are other example plugins like that… If I were you I would reupload the latest version of Piwik from scratch (backup you config file though).