Piwik Not Showing Accurate Stats

What URL for example, with the piwik tracking code, is not tracked correctly ? please paste here or MP

Many here looked into this but none came up with this simple solution. Thanks anyways!

“It looks like the requisite directive for telling Apache to process includes in .html files was missing. I’ve added it to the httpd.conf file, and the includes function now.”

Problem solved!

Mailed you guys about a week ago to get some paid help.
Tho a response would be great…

ThumbNail,

Thumbnail, not sure we got your email, please email me at matt att piwik.org

I am having the same problem with underreporting. Please provide more details about the solution. Thanks.

We replace self signed security certificate with the signed one. it fixed the problem that we had with the count going forward.

ikalcha Can you or someone tell me the steps on Piwik to ‘replace self signed security certificate with the signed one’ so i can check into it.

Thank you in advance!

Thats a server configuration issue that you’d need to add a real ssl certificate for the ssl host for piwik - but that only helps if you are really tracking some https sites.

I’m having this problem too! I have a very small website for my webcomic, so I don’t get a lot of traffic (especially since it just started in September), so at first I was tracking just with flagcounter.com and happy with it telling me the different unique visitors, who was a new visitor, etc. They recommended I get piwik because I wanted to see where people were coming in from, and I wanted to see what sites and such would be linking to mine.

I gather flagcounter.com isn’t terribly advanced, and I am assuming when a user’s info shows up “unknown” (and they are from Israel or someplace) they are probably a bot, but I have users with web browsers and operating systems showing up and it says they are from England, UK and Iowa, USA and all those specifics. My piwik is not showing me the Israel user (who is likely a bot) or the England user (who probably is not a bot), but it did show me the Iowa user.

I don’t have a massively huge website, but I’d like my stats to be accurate and I don’t know which one to believe. Is flagcounter.com right or is piwik more accurate?

Wait for the next piwik version, where you’ll be able to setup GeoIP to have accurate country info

What about a feature to watch for search engine robots & spiders?

Just updated… still missing a few people, including myself when I accessed my website from my iPad. Is GeoIP a new feature? I guess I’ll have to read the updated FAQ to find out how to install it.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.