Piwik, multiples domains accessing to the same website

Hi,

I have a webserver which is hosting one main website. This content is accessible through multiple domains, and according to the domain you type in, you see the website with a different skin (like different logo, tittle…)
|---------differentexample.com
Webpage--------- example.org
|_____anotherexample.org

So, my question is how should this system be implemented? I would like to track the visits like totally different websites.
I guess I need to create different websites from wiki administration page, but the problems come with the code that Piwik will generate for every website. How should I mix this code?

I am asking this here as a final option after google’n it…

Thanks.

The way the webserver is displaying the different skins is based on css files, each one applies to a different domain.

Hi, your issue sounds very much like mine - one main domain, plenty of sub/addon domains, only one place to put the tracking code. I’ve been using GA i.e. one account with multiple profiles, but I too am excited (assuming you are!) having discovered Piwik. Here’s the recent post:

It could be similar, but I am not actually dealing with subdomains, I am accessing to one main website using different domains, and displaying different content using CSS. So my scenario is

I type in www.aaa.com and it gets me to www.main.com
type www.bbb.com and it gets me to www.main.com

I guess your situation is,

type www.aaa.com and gets you to aaa.main.com
type www.bbb.com it gets you to bbb.main.com

which are different pages. Am I right?

I must have different websites configured, because every website is gonna allow access to a different customer.

[quote=titansmc]
It could be similar, but I am not actually dealing with subdomains, I am accessing to one main website using different domains, and displaying different content using CSS. So my scenario is

I type in www.aaa.com and it gets me to www.main.com
type www.bbb.com and it gets me to www.main.com

I guess your situation is,

type www.aaa.com and gets you to aaa.main.com
type www.bbb.com it gets you to bbb.main.com

which are different pages. Am I right?[/quote]

You’re right in that our domain setup is different, but I think there are similarities - I too have one main site/template I use the subdomains to display products,banners and content depending on the subdomain accessed.