piwik_log_link_visit_action table is broken

Sir

i find my piwik doesn’t write the log to “piwik_log_link_visit_action” table …how can i fix it ??

ps. but other tables still write…only piwik_log_link_visit_action doesn’t wrote@@

thanks for your help

Maybe that table is crashed? try:

REPAIR TABLE piwik_log_link_visit_action

Hi, Matt

i think that find my problem…
there is outflow of idlink_va int(11),my last records is 2147483647

and there is question for it,

could i reset the auto_increment value to the new table if the records is outflow ?
ex. i will dump the table and rename it, otherwise backup_xxxx_piwik_log_link_visit_action…
and i create the other one to use…

thanks for your answers

Thanks for the report! I created a ticket at: Integer overflow: how to track more than 2 billion actions with PiwiK? · Issue #3288 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

WOW so you hit the 2 billion page views limit!! Very impressive! How many pages per day do you track? is piwik working fine otherwise?

Regarding the issue, we forgot to set the field to UNSIGNED which would at least let it run until 4 billion page views. See: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6591

However we do not upgrade existing tables as it might take too long.
There are 2 solutions I can think of:

please let me know how it goes!

hmm…
thanks for your answer

i will design a backup solution to do this, and there is another question …

1. if i reset the primary key that is there other influence of piwik ?
  2. there is a function of delete old data on piwik backend setting. does it delete data, not reset the primary key ?

thanks a lot

1. if you have processed ALL reports from the past, then it should work OK to reset the primary key!

2. the code DELETEs the data but does not reset primary key yet.

thanks for your help, Matt