Piwik issues continue, loading the dashboard on certain dates

Piwik is great! … but … the same problems have been persisting for so long now I just don’t understand why these problems cannot be fixed. I get the same error:

“Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Piwik administrator for assistance.”

Over and over when loading my dashboard. I have to fiddle with the date range to finally get it to display. It seems that if my starting or ending date chosen has no traffic on those dates then piwik will not open the page.

I have made a screencast to display this bug happening in real time. Happens on different servers of mine so I know its not a localized problem. There is nothing common about these servers so this seems to be a systemic problem.

Someone on another thread I started a while ago suggested checking the apache log file.

Of course now no matter what I do everything is working 100%.

Restarting the webserver seems to correct the issue. I had to restart it to enable the error logging in my piwik folder… as I had it disabled. So I guess it kind of is a local problem… but still unsure why. When it happens again I will be able to examine the log files.