Piwik doesn't work

I have installed piwik on a domain and inserted the tracking code on a different domain but it doesn’t register any visitor.

Where is the problem?

Couldn’t tell you, it doesn’t work for me either. Whole thing seems really fragile - delete a random piece of data, like the ‘anonymous’ user, and everything breaks. I’ve never seen anything coded like this to be honest - just at this point I’m one bug away from everything working… probably going to have to reinstall from scratch and go through change by change to see where exactly it breaks.

Take a look here

Hello All,
I am newbie to Piwik and I badly need to install this on my server. I tried it installing but I am just stuck on the second step. Please take a look on the image attached and also another error listed below:

mbstring
The mbstring extension is required for multibyte characters in API responses using comma-separated values (CSV) or tab-separated values (TSV).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kumar

Hello Kumar,

this seems to be a problem with your server. But I am not sure.

Take a look here

There you can find the requirement for PIWIK to run. If you are not sure, ask your provider, if he support the requirements.

Thats all I can do for you :slight_smile:

BTW: this is not the right topic for your post. Cannot Install PIWIK will be the right one.

Good luck
alarian(tu)

Thanks Alarian,

I will talk to the hosting company and will share the Piwik Installation requirement.

Kumar