Piwik Dashboard is driving me crazy!


#1

Hi,

after I updated Piwik to 1.7 last saturday the dashboard is driving me crazy.

I rearranged the widgets, also deleted some and added some new.
Sometimes within 30 minutes my dashboard is resetted to default 3 times or more, sometimes after a few hours.

I also noticed that in v1.6, but there it was once a week or less.

Did I miss something? Its a default piwik-installation updated via the internal piwik-updater. Is that a bug? Can I fix it?

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks!

Regards,
easy.


(Matthieu Aubry) #2

I have not heard such report before and never experienced such bug. Can you replicate on other browsers? If you create a new user in your piwik, does it show the same bug after minutes of use?


#3

I’ll try it with chromium.

Until now I used firefox 10 with adblock/flashblock as plugins.

If i can reproduce this bug, I’l make a video/shots/something like that.

Regards.


#4

Well. I can reproduce it, so it seems to be a bug…

I have the default dashboard-site.

I remove the Widget “Visitors in Real Time” and “Visitor countries”.
Next I go to Visitors -> Custom Variables.
Clicking the “Plus-Button” for more Data in the Table.
Click on Dashboard for the “Home-Site” and all widgets/layouts are reseted to the default.
This behavior do not depend on the language I selected (tested in German and English).

Tested on Firefox 10.0.2 and Chrome 17.0.963.56.

Edit: Same with new user and cleaned up browser (cookies, etc…)

Regards.


(mahdi1234) #5

I can reproduce this both on demo as well as on my piwik 1.7 … looks like real defect


(Matthieu Aubry) #6

Thank you for the report and steps to reproduce! I created a ticket: Dashboard widget layout resets to default layout unexpectedly · Issue #2972 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub


(kukimbet) #7

Thank you(:smiley:


#8

I hope it will be fixed soon… Because until now the dashboard is for me unuseable, because I really use a lot of custom vars…


(Matthieu Aubry) #9

Fix is available: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/5902#file0

apply it, then delete tmp/assets/* and refresh, it should work!
thanks for the report