Piwik archive: MyISAM or InnoDB?

Hi!

I noticed today, that piwik archive tables engine types are mixed. We moved to a new server a couple of months ago, upgraded Mysql and many things more. I think, InnoDB is nowadays default format of mysql. Since then, the archive tables are created in InnoDB format:

piwik_archive_blob_2012_04 MyISAM
piwik_archive_blob_2012_05 MyISAM
piwik_archive_blob_2012_06 MyISAM
piwik_archive_blob_2012_07 InnoDB
piwik_archive_blob_2012_08 InnoDB
piwik_archive_blob_2012_09 InnoDB

Is this good/bad/doesn’t matter? What’s your recommendation? (Ignore/Convert all to …?)

It should not be a problem, but if it becomes let me know

Since it wasn’t a problem for the last couple of months, I guess it wouldn’t become one in the future :wink:

Anyway, I still have changed the engine of the 2012 innodb tables to MyISAM now. Reason: Smaller tables, frequent selects & no inserts into the old tables.
I know, new new 2013 tables will be created in innodb format by piwik since it is mysql default, but that’s not a problem. It’s just a minor optimization, so I probably will just convert the again in a couple of months.

More important: I also changed the type of the Tracker tables (from MyISAM) to avoid lock waits:
alter table piwik_log_link_visit_action ENGINE=innodb;
alter table piwik_log_visit ENGINE=innodb;
alter table piwik_log_action ENGINE=innodb;

I had an awful lot of lock waits before that change. Ok, it was not that bad, but still.
show global status like ‘Table_locks_%’;

I think InnoDB is preferable for these tables.