Piwik and newsletters and special days

Hello everybody !

I’m new around here so I don’t know if this topic has been discussed already.

1. Is there a way to know that a variation(increase) in traffic is caused by a newsletter ( or other campaing of different nature ) ?

1.1 by integrating with MailChimp ( or any other email service ), we would be able to identify the result of a newletter campaing.

1.2 also we could specify by hand “campaign X” - flyers on the street .

1. can we assign the drops in visit to a holliday (for example) or other event ?

2.1 some kind of calendar that would say “the drop is because of X holliday” .
2.2 political or economical events that increase traffic ( new law forces companies to buy X )

1. considering the average of the same period last week/month/year, we would be able to approximate the traffic in the absence of the event / campaing.

3.1 by filtering the “normal” traffic from the outstanding traffic we would know “how we really stand” .

3.2 and how did the campaing / event go .

THanks, hope this is useful.

1. you can track newsletters by adding parameters to URLs see Tracking Campaigns – Analytics Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thanks !

There is a small problem however - the url tracking assumes that the visitors will click the link in the email .

I my most recent campaing, I had only 5 clicks(as reported by mailchimp), but 50 more visitors (above the average) .

I will try it next time and see what happens .

Another problem : I have a company website and a product website . The campaing will effect both .

Thanks again hope you will consider my suggestions.