Piwik 1 is available

After updating to 0.6.2 i always see this message

Piwik 1 is available.
Please update now! (see changes).

Obviously piwik 1.0 is not available and if i click update then i have to download the latest release which is 0.6.2

How to fix it?

Good morning.
My Piwik installation shows the same message.

Furthermore if I call the Settings, I get the following message:

The Piwik configuration file (config/config.ini.php) is not writable, your changes will not be saved.
Please change permissions of the config file to make it writable.

But manual changes of the permissions showed no influence on the effect.

And for Settings>Security I get the following information to PHP and Piwik:

You are running PHP 5.2.10. The latest version of PHP is 1.
You are running Piwik 0.6.2. The latest version of Piwik is 1.

???
Uwe

[quote=Uwe @ May 29 2010, 12:32 AM]Good morning.
My Piwik installation shows the same message.

Furthermore if I call the Settings, I get the following message:

But manual changes of the permissions showed no influence on the effect.

And for Settings>Security I get the following information to PHP and Piwik:

???
Uwe[/quote]

Alot of times servers dont give the proper permissions to server generated scripts.
So whats going on is the piwik created that config php file, and the server didnt give you permission.

Easy fix is to save it to your computer via ftp or something. Delete the original, and then upload the copy. Then you’ll have full ownership.

I have the Piwiki 1 update notification too, and obviously it hasnt been released. Took me a while to figure out why it wasnt updating and still showing that notification after uploading the files.

I believe this is the fix:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/2239

[quote=vipsoft @ May 29 2010, 02:22 PM]I believe this is the fix:

dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/2239[/quote]

tried it but didn’t work.

It won’t be immediately apparent. Please wait until the next attempt to check for the latest Piwik version, ie 8 hours elapsed since the last check.

I get the same surprise-message. I think the best in this situation is to wait for 0.6.3 since this does not seem to be a serious problem.

This should now be fixed in the latest version of core/Http.php.

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/export/2242/trunk/core/Http.php

it’s fixed! when i login this morning the message is gone and back to normal. thanks.

THX for the fix! Works great. :wink:

Best regards

Tom

Quick and effective help style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif . Thanks.
Uwe

Not for me in one case. I made saturday (yesterday) three complete new installations with the same 0.6.2. lastest.zip scripts. On two domains on right top the orange message says correct “Piwik 0.6.2 is a collaborative project.”

In the 3rd domain it says “Piwik 1 is available. Please update now! (see changes).”

Even the Http.php updoad/change from vipsoft doesn´t fix it.

[quote=McHunter @ May 30 2010, 06:32 PM]Not for me in one case. I made saturday (yesterday) three complete new installations with the same 0.6.2. lastest.zip scripts. On two domains on right top the orange message says correct “Piwik 0.6.2 is a collaborative project.”

In the 3rd domain it says “Piwik 1 is available. Please update now! (see changes).”

Even the Http.php updoad/change from vipsoft doesn´t fix it.[/quote]

Now after 4h the message is correct -> “Piwik 0.6.2 is a collaborative project.”

This is very strange for me.

The fix isn’t immediately apparent because your Piwik installation will cache the version number for 8 hours, so it won’t be continuously trying to see if there’s a new release.

OK - thx for your answer