Piwik 1.7 | Update | Widgets not found

Are you there any developers tools for the WebOS browser? e.g., error console. It’s possible there’s a regression in the latest jquery / jquery-ui libraries.

Thank you for the quick responses.

I just reinstalled Piwik anew, from scratch, in a new sub-domain, with a new database. Unfortunately, the exactly same issue persists. So that there seems to be some sort of regression in the version 1.7.

For additional information, I am attaching results of the Piwik system check upon installation (“Piwik_System_Check.pdf”). Unfortunately, it is in German, according to my browser language. Comments to the file:

• Installation web site address was removed by me
  • To “Optional” - “File Integrity”: The integrity check correctly shows that following four files were modified (to comment out ini_set() calls which are blocked by my web space provider) - that is the exactly same modification as was done since I started using Piwik with version 1.5 - so nothing new here and those files were not even modified with version 1.7:
    \libs\Smarty\Config_File.class.php
    \core\Mail.php
    \libs\Zend\Session.php
    \core\testMinimumPhpVersion.php
    For your information, I am also attaching those four modified files (“ini_set commented out files(zip archive).zip”). IT IS A ZIP ARCHIVE, PLEASE CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION FROM “PDF” BACK TO “ZIP” - IT WAS CHANGED BY ME DUE TO FILE FILTERS USED ON UPLOAD ON THIS SITE.

P.S.: I also made a test on a different WinXP machine with Firefox, IE and Google Chrome browsers - same problem persists.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

P.S.: I don’t know if it helps, but following “loadingError” appears and fades away at beginning of loading of the widgets: “Oops… problem during the request, please try again.”

here are the logs I get in webOS. Not sure if it is helpful or not.

[2012-02-20 16:30:08] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter():  pageFocused true, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:08] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter():  setVisibleSize 1024,686, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:08] (Web) enyo.VirtualList.resizeHandler():  no node, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:16] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter():  reloadPage , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:16] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView.loadStarted(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:16] (Web) Browser.pageTitleChanged():  http://www.myjeeplj.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday#module=Dashboard&action=embeddedIndex&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday Piwik  Web Analytics Reports - myjeeplj.com true false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:17] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView.documentLoadFinished(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:20] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter():  setVisibleSize 1024,686, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:20] (Web) enyo.VirtualList.resizeHandler():  no node, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:21] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter():  pageFocused false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:32] (Web) Browser.pageTitleChanged():  http://www.myjeeplj.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday#module=Dashboard&action=embeddedIndex&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday Piwik  Web Analytics Reports - myjeeplj.com true false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2012-02-20 16:30:32] (Web) enyo.BasicWebView.loadStopped(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72

[quote=jawsmith]
[…]
I just reinstalled Piwik anew, from scratch, in a new sub-domain, with a new database. Unfortunately, the exactly same issue persists. So that there seems to be some sort of regression in the version 1.7.
[…][/quote]

Here is the link to the from-the-scratch Piwik 1.7 test installation I mentioned above (I enabled viewing for “anonymous”):

I don’t know much about Piwik, PHP or MySQL, but please let me know if I could do some additional testing, e.g. using some built-in debuggin functions, etc. Or maybe there is some sort of “tracer” available, which could log helpful information, with the log provided to developers then?

It seems your server was hacked, because in all your requests eg http://www.testpiwik.pytalhost.de/piwik/index.php?module=Dashboard&action=embeddedIndex&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

I can see a JS:

that is appended. Please check your other softwares on the server, and check the access log to find out how your attacker did that (probably not through piwik but another software on the server)

That would be too easy an explanation. :slight_smile: No worries, the server/site has not been hacked. I use a free unlimited web space provider (pytal.de), who finance themselves via a binlayer.com lightbox ad you get from time to time. I know that that dark lightbox all over your screen might look scary, but it is nothing to worry about. That in-your-face lightbox ad is what gets most money, more that the usual header or footer ads. Just click on “close” in the top right corner when it comes. I don’t run a business web site, so that that free provider is sufficient for me.

What I meant is that it is this piece of javascript that is breaking Piwik, because it’s not supposed to be there in the JSON reply…

Thank you for the quick reply. Some follow-up questions:

1. It worked with Piwik versions 1.5 - 1.6 and stopped with update to 1.7. Have there been changes in 1.7 which could cause the break?
  2. If the js address in question (binlayer.com) is blocked using Noscript, and the respective js therefore not executed, can it still break Piwik? Because when I block it the widgets are still “not found”.

It means the JSON response from the server fails to validate and is thus rejected because it is malformed. It would be akin to displaying a corrupted .gif file, or opening a corrupted .zip archive.

Thanks! That answers the question number 2. To question 1: Is the current behavior of the version 1.7 intended? And if so, is there any way I could quick and dirty patch it to behave as the previous versions did?
(Note: If the current behavior was introduced due to some security concerns (frame busting, etc.), then I am willing to accept the risk, as (a) I normally use an additional own .htaccess in the root directory, with very strict settings, but which I removed on the above test site, and (b) I am the only user of my Piwik installation and access it exclusively from my own up-to-date PC.)

P.S.: And ©: If the site gets hacked, I should have an up-to-date backup, right? Or be willing to loose the data. :slight_smile:

Ask your hosting provider to not inject their code when the response contains Content-type: application/json

Widgets still not found with this latest 1.7.1 release on the WebOS platform. I can still see the content on the demo but even a fresh install with a fresh database will not fix my issue on my servers.

How can I revert back to the 1.6 build? I can’t find any earlier versions on the site.

at builds.piwik.org

So there is something strange going on. I opened up the anonymous user and now I can access the widgets through WebOS Touchpad but as soon as I log in it is broken. I can’t leave it open like that to view so I need to get it fixed for auth users.

What could be the difference when logging in as an authenticated user?

Maybe try reset the dashboard?

or PM the piwik url + login/pwd + bug report

It is a completely new install. All new files from the zip file and a new database. Wouldn’t that be the ultimate reset?
The issue isn’t with my install. It is with the update to 1.7. The difference with an authenticated user and a guest user will be the same on my install as on yours.
Can you think of anything that changed in the authenticated session with 1.7 that could be causing my issue? Maybe the widgets are not being authenticated as they should …idk. Unfortunately I don’t have firebug on my Touchpad or I could provide some more info.

That’s tricky issue. Is there an emulator for your device that we could see http requests or a debugger?

I will see what I can come up with.