Piwik 1.7 update crash for some websites in the statistics

I have used Piwik the last months to track 20-30 websites.

Today I used the Auto update to update to 1.7 (from 1.6)

Most statistics work nice, but some website’s statistics fails.

For instance the start window (the one with all the widgets) shows:
"The requested report is not a valid report, please check the request"
for the “Goals overview” etc. And shows that there is no keywords showing for today (even though the “live feed” shows that there is traffic.).

And it does NOT show anything on “Referrers => Keywords” etc.

But statistics for other websites looks ok.

What to do?

(I have cleared the /tmp/assets - no help)

Best regards POS :slight_smile:

PS: I have searched for this problem, but not found the answer.)

PS: My server log does not show any errors :slight_smile:

When i upload the Piwik 1.6 files, everything works well.

Uploading the 1.7 files again - and it doesn’t.

How can I run the “Update database” again?

What is the exact problem? Some websites are lacking keyword info after upgrading to 1.7 ? but not all websites?

Hello,
same here. In some widgets (graph of the last visitors) there is the message:
'The requested report is not a valid report, please check the request’
with 36 lines of backtrace.

Backtrace:
#0 /path/to/my/installation/core/Archive/Single.php(169): Piwik_ArchiveProcessing::getPluginBeingProcessed('Funnel_1_nb_act...')
#1 /path/to/my/installation/core/Archive/Single.php(253): Piwik_Archive_Single->prepareArchive()
#2 /path/to/my/installation/core/Archive/Single.php(430): Piwik_Archive_Single->get('Funnel_1_nb_act...', 'numeric')
#3 /path/to/my/installation/core/ArchiveProcessing/Period.php(85): Piwik_Archive_Single->getNumeric('Funnel_1_nb_act...')
#4 /path/to/my/installation/core/ArchiveProcessing/Period.php(42): Piwik_ArchiveProcessing_Period->archiveNumericValuesGeneral(Array, 'sum')
#5 /path/to/my/installation/plugins/Funnels/Funnels.php(502): Piwik_ArchiveProcessing_Period->archiveNumericValuesSum(Array)
#6 [internal function]: Piwik_Funnels->archivePeriod(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification))
#7 /path/to/my/installation/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php(284): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /path/to/my/installation/core/PluginsManager.php(609): Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Object(Piwik_Event_Notification), false, false)
#9 /path/to/my/installation/core/ArchiveProcessing/Period.php(259): Piwik_PostEvent('ArchiveProcessi...', Object(Piwik_ArchiveProcessing_Period))
#10 /path/to/my/installation/core/ArchiveProcessing.php(467): Piwik_ArchiveProcessing_Period->compute()
#11 /path/to/my/installation/core/Archive/Single.php(224): Piwik_ArchiveProcessing->launchArchiving()
#12 /path/to/my/installation/core/Archive/Array/IndexedByDate.php(82): Piwik_Archive_Single->prepareArchive()
#13 /path/to/my/installation/plugins/VisitsSummary/API.php(88): Piwik_Archive_Array_IndexedByDate->getDataTableFromNumeric(Array)
#14 [internal function]: Piwik_VisitsSummary_API->get('1', 'week', '2011-07-25,2012...', false, 'nb_visits')
#15 /path/to/my/installation/core/API/Proxy.php(179): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#16 /path/to/my/installation/plugins/API/API.php(908): Piwik_API_Proxy->call('Piwik_VisitsSum...', 'get', Array)
#17 [internal function]: Piwik_API_API->get('1', 'week', '2011-07-25,2012...', false, 'nb_visits')
#18 /path/to/my/installation/core/API/Proxy.php(179): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#19 /path/to/my/installation/core/API/Request.php(121): Piwik_API_Proxy->call('Piwik_API_API', 'get', Array)
#20 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable.php(395): Piwik_API_Request->process()
#21 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphData/ChartEvolution.php(107): Piwik_ViewDataTable->loadDataTableFromAPI()
#22 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphData.php(193): Piwik_ViewDataTable_GenerateGraphData_ChartEvolution->loadDataTableFromAPI()
#23 /path/to/my/installation/core/Controller.php(241): Piwik_ViewDataTable_GenerateGraphData->main()
#24 /path/to/my/installation/plugins/VisitsSummary/Controller.php(78): Piwik_Controller->getLastUnitGraphAcrossPlugins('VisitsSummary', 'getEvolutionGra...', Array, Array, 'Dies ist eine ?...')
#25 [internal function]: Piwik_VisitsSummary_Controller->getEvolutionGraph()
#26 /path/to/my/installation/core/FrontController.php(138): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#27 /path/to/my/installation/core/FrontController.php(159): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch('VisitsSummary', 'getEvolutionGra...', Array)
#28 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphHTML.php(148): Piwik_FrontController->fetchDispatch('VisitsSummary', 'getEvolutionGra...', Array)
#29 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphHTML.php(108): Piwik_ViewDataTable_GenerateGraphHTML->getGraphData()
#30 /path/to/my/installation/core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphHTML.php(92): Piwik_ViewDataTable_GenerateGraphHTML->buildView()
#31 /path/to/my/installation/core/Controller.php(241): Piwik_ViewDataTable_GenerateGraphHTML->main()
#32 /path/to/my/installation/plugins/VisitsSummary/Controller.php(78): Piwik_Controller->getLastUnitGraphAcrossPlugins('VisitsSummary', 'getEvolutionGra...', Array, Array, 'Dies ist eine ?...')
#33 [internal function]: Piwik_VisitsSummary_Controller->getEvolutionGraph()
#34 /path/to/my/installation/core/FrontController.php(138): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#35 /path/to/my/installation/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch()
#36 {main}

Some other widgets (Searchkeywords, best search engines, product SKU) are empty, ‘1-10 of NaN’.

Live! and average visits per weekday works fine!

Things already done:
uploaded all files again
repair database tables
delete and re-adding widgets
cleared /tmp

Hope it helps for a solution.

Thank you
Uwe

Ok, looking at the things on a new day brings new findings…

The 3rd party plugin ‘Funnels’ isn’t compatible anymore. Switching to inactive helps.

Maybe, trying to inactivate all 3rd party plugins can solve many problems.

Thank you
Uwe

Thanks, I notified this in the funnel ticket

Should now be fixed. Check the Trac Ticket for more details:

Plugin to provide funnel analysis report

Thanks to Uwe Schulz for alerting me of this issue (who also supplied the German translation).

Yes,
I can confirm that it works well now (Just upgraded to 1.7 again) :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry for my late reply. Thanks Jess, it works great again.
Regards
Uwe