Piwik 1.7 Multi Sites with 1100 sites being tracked

Hi Guys,

I was sitting 5 hours today how to fix that, and I found out that this is Smarty issue, and not on all system configurations.
For example on my gentoo with php 5.3.9 everything is fine (with about >3000 idsites). On cent os with php 5.3.3. it’s not ok I have empty page (~2500 idsites).
What I found out is that Smarty in some way doesn’t handle the starting tag when list is long.

Below you can find my fix, it is ugly but IT WORKS for me! :slight_smile:
http://dorious.com/MultiSites-fix.tar.gz
just copy this to you /plugins/MultiSites/

Maybe somebody will be able to fix that properly, or maybe me when I’ll have time.

Dorious,

Thank you, Multisites is up and running!

I was about ready to throw in the towel. Again, thank you very much.

Thank you for the patch. I created a ticket at: All Websites dashboard fails in php strict mode with error output "Array to string conversion" · Issue #2999 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Do you know the exact problem that was causing this issue? You say “What I found out is that Smarty in some way doesn’t handle the starting tag when list is long.”

Maybe it is for special website names containing special characters? would you be able to find out exactly what was causing the issue? that would be very helpful :slight_smile: thanks

No it is not. When I was dealing with that I changed all names & mainurls to “test”, the effect was the same.

Ps. Sorry for deleting add website button :slight_smile:

OK so it was just a bug in smarty? I will try to create 10,000 websites and then load the page. I hope it does NOT load so I can replicate. Otherwise it will be hard to fix it :frowning:

Dorious and Romulux, can you please, temporarily revert your “hacks” and try the following patch: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6066

I think it will fix the problem but is quite a lot simpler :wink:

I would like to have your confirmation since I still haven’t reproduced the bug myself so rely on you to tell me if that fixes it. thanks

I will do. On vacation right now so it will be about a week before I can apply the patch. I will report back when I do.

Thanks for the hardwork matt