Piwik 1.7 - archive.php wants 800megs of ram?

Hello,

after updating to 1.7 i wanted to change the crontab, first i tried to run it manually

on syslog i got this messages:

suhosin[20912]: ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 805306368 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '10.0.2.1', file '/var/www/core/Piwik.php', line 979)

Here the output of the script itself

Error: Got invalid response from API request: http://xxx.net/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=2&period=month&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=x&trigger=archivephp. Response was '
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4104 bytes) in /var/www/core/DataTable.php on line 1021
'
Error: Got invalid response from API request: http://xxx.net/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=2&period=year&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=x&trigger=archivephp. Response was '
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/core/DataTable.php on line 629
' 

On second run it doesnt show this messages but syslog still puts the following errors:

Feb 21 00:40:37 piwik suhosin[20912]: ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 805306368 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '10.0.2.1', file '/var/www/core/Piwik.php', line 979)

So why this php scripts needs so much ram?

I believe the script uses -1 to disable the memory limit check. Not sure why suhosin interprets that as 800 MB given that your log shows a 128MB limit.

yea 128MB (default value) is set - dont see the point to give more for a php script…

is it still ok to use archive.sh with v1.7 ?

just started again the php script, it showed 2432 new visitors and throws again memory failures…
maybe some bug which doesnt free some unused vars?

I had a similar problem after I did an automatic update of piwik. Everytime I tried to download an email report I got “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted”. After a clean reinstall of the piwik files the error is gone.