Piwik 1.5 : Unable to start session

http://forum.piwik.org/

perfect

would install it - but i dont know what i have to do at the point DB tables. I locked my old pw and db name there. But then it comes that the tables have the same name like piwik want to create. Now i could take go back and rename the prefix or overwrite.
What should i do here?

hope there is a change anyway because Kartal wrote : …did not solve the problem… ?

If you’re using a session handler (such as memcached) make sure that’s running as if it stops that will also cause this warning

I also came across this fatal error before and until now I haven’t resolved the problem. So have you finally resolve yours? what did you do? does anton’s instructions work?

I just upgraded (manually) to piwik 1.6 on centos 5.7. After the upgrade Piwik stopped working: I only get the “Unable to start session” but cannot login anymore.

Dominik, try making piwik/tmp/sessions writable?

that’s what I did, and it works. thx!

<<Dominik, try making piwik/tmp/sessions writable? >> (tu) (:smiley:

I also had “Unable to start session” error (Piwik 1.6, PHP 5.2.17) and making tmp/sessions writable solved the error for me.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I created a ticket for this bug since we should check that the dir is writable and return a nice message. See: Session directory permission not always checked " · Issue #2767 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub and post further feedback there thanks!