PHP Version Wrong

I just finished installing the latest version of Piwik (1.12). When I go to the Settings page, it tells me “You are currently using PHP 5.2.17”.

I verified with my cPanel that my current version is 5.4.16.

Hi which host provider are you using? What type of account is it a VPS, or a web host plan you are using?

Most likely Piwik still runs on 5.2. Maybe you need to enable it on the piwik server or maybe ask your host?

[quote=lesjokolat]
Hi which host provider are you using? What type of account is it a VPS, or a web host plan you are using?[/quote]

Web hosted account on Justhost.com.

I am guessing since its a hosted environment, you will need your provider to ensure the higher php version running. Its likely a base server setting you have no control over .

If the Piwik server is going to require a higher PHP version even when it’s available, then there should be a way for us to fix this.

I’m on shared hosting from Webfaction, and they said:

All servers have 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 installed.
You would just need to call the correct version

…so how do I do that?

They also suggested putting this in an .htaccess file:

<FilesMatch \.php$>
    SetHandler php54-cgi
</FilesMatch>

However when I did that, I got a Piwik error:

Your Piwik configuration file appears to be misconfigured. You can either remove config/config.ini.php and resume installation, or correct the database connection settings.

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method umknown to the client