PHP Fatal error in archive.sh after Upgrade 1.5.1 -> 1.6

Hello,

after upgrading one of n piwik-installation i get the following error calling archive.sh.

./misc/cron/archive.sh
PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

php-version is PHP 5.2.14 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Oct 6 2010 21:19:11)

Are there any hints to solve the problem?
Unfortunatly i cant upgrade the php-version on this machine :frowning:
Generating report via gui work fine but is not the solution.

Best regards

Thomas

Archiving with 1.6 does not work for me either: Segmentation fault. I have read the FAQ to this, but 1.5.1 archiving with archive.sh did work fine.

Now I dedected the new archive.php in the same folder, but it runs whithout any result when i call it with

php /var/www/vhost/misc/cron/archive.php localhost 3600 forceall > /dev/null

Any official tutorial on working with the archive.php would be very helpful, because this isn’t:

Archived website id = 2, period = month, 27013 visits, Time elapsed: 69.378s
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: http://localhost/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=2&period=year&date=last2&format=php&token_auth=asdfasdfasdf&trigger=archivephp. Response was ''
Archived website id = 2, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 3.604s

This Error occurs to often…

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

check your error logs.

I can’t get the archive to work from windows either -previous to the 1.6 upgrade windows.ps1 worked fine -now it returns:

Starting Piwik archiving…
Piwik archiving finished.
Starting Scheduled tasks…

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Finished Scheduled tasks.

solved -apologies for posting too early. It’s late.

Changed from using windows.ps1 to following seems to work fine

php.exe -f “[path to /misc/archive.php]” – [path to your stats installation] 6200

taken from the documentation in the archive.php file. Would have been nice to have this change outlined in the upgrade info.

(Matthieu Aubry) #7

budg1e the archive.php is still beta report any feedback in New optimized archive.php script for faster and optimized archiving when hundreds/thousands of websites · Issue #2327 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub