PHP Fatal error in archive.sh after Upgrade 1.5.1 -> 1.6

Hello,

after upgrading one of n piwik-installation i get the following error calling archive.sh.

./misc/cron/archive.sh
PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

php-version is PHP 5.2.14 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Oct 6 2010 21:19:11)

Are there any hints to solve the problem?
Unfortunatly i cant upgrade the php-version on this machine :frowning:
Generating report via gui work fine but is not the solution.

Best regards

Thomas

Archiving with 1.6 does not work for me either: Segmentation fault. I have read the FAQ to this, but 1.5.1 archiving with archive.sh did work fine.

Now I dedected the new archive.php in the same folder, but it runs whithout any result when i call it with

php /var/www/vhost/misc/cron/archive.php localhost 3600 forceall > /dev/null

Any official tutorial on working with the archive.php would be very helpful, because this isn’t:

Archived website id = 2, period = month, 27013 visits, Time elapsed: 69.378s
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: http://localhost/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=2&period=year&date=last2&format=php&token_auth=asdfasdfasdf&trigger=archivephp. Response was ''
Archived website id = 2, period = year, 0 visits, Time elapsed: 3.604s

This Error occurs to often…

check your error logs.

I can’t get the archive to work from windows either -previous to the 1.6 upgrade windows.ps1 worked fine -now it returns:

Starting Piwik archiving…
Piwik archiving finished.
Starting Scheduled tasks…

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Finished Scheduled tasks.

solved -apologies for posting too early. It’s late.

Changed from using windows.ps1 to following seems to work fine

php.exe -f “[path to /misc/archive.php]” – [path to your stats installation] 6200

taken from the documentation in the archive.php file. Would have been nice to have this change outlined in the upgrade info.

budg1e the archive.php is still beta report any feedback in New optimized archive.php script for faster and optimized archiving when hundreds/thousands of websites · Issue #2327 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub