Php fatal error after update Matomo to 3.5.0

Cannot redeclare class Piwik\Plugins\GeoIp2\GeoIp2 in /var/www/html/plugins/GeoIp2/GeoIp2.php on line 0

help me.

Hi,

Please check out

Matomo 3.5.0 has an own GeoIP2 implementation so you donā€™t need the third-party-plugin anymore.

How can I disable or delete it? if the site matomo does not open

Hi,

You can disable the plugin in the config/config.php.ini

I commented out the line: Plugins [] = ā€˜GeoIP2ā€™. Nothing changed. Did I do something wrong?

Can you please delete (or move somewhere else) the plugins/GeoIP2 folder?

2 Likes

now I will do and write.

1 Like

folder geoip2 is not in the plugins!

1 Like

excuse me. disinformed. I did not look there. Thank you very much! Your tip solved my problem! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Was slightly confused by this initially so for the benefit of someone who is scanning the plugins directory and missing thisā€¦

Letter case matters.

There are two geoip2 directories

/GeoIP2
/GeoIp2

Get rid of the /GeoIP2 but keep the /GeoIp2 versionā€¦

Odd that the installer doesnā€™t identify this as a potential conflict and fix the issue but there you go.

2 Likes

Hi,

The issue is that GeoIP2 isnā€™t an plugin provided by the Matomo team, but by a third party.

1 Like

Understand that Lukas and Iā€™m not assigning blame hereā€¦ Apologies if that was your interpretation.

Itā€™s just that having worked in coding and various other support arenas before, itā€™s the kind of issue that tends to clog up support channels so if a simple bit of code will help detect and alert the end-user to the problem and provide a link to the fix, itā€™s a real time saver for you and the end-user.

2 Likes

@websnail

You are right and therefore the next release tries to uninstall the old plugin: