Php fatal error after update Matomo to 3.5.0

Cannot redeclare class Piwik\Plugins\GeoIp2\GeoIp2 in /var/www/html/plugins/GeoIp2/GeoIp2.php on line 0

help me.

Hi,

Please check out

Matomo 3.5.0 has an own GeoIP2 implementation so you don’t need the third-party-plugin anymore.

How can I disable or delete it? if the site matomo does not open

Hi,

You can disable the plugin in the config/config.php.ini

I commented out the line: Plugins [] = ‘GeoIP2’. Nothing changed. Did I do something wrong?

Can you please delete (or move somewhere else) the plugins/GeoIP2 folder?

2 Likes

now I will do and write.

1 Like

folder geoip2 is not in the plugins!

1 Like

excuse me. disinformed. I did not look there. Thank you very much! Your tip solved my problem! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Was slightly confused by this initially so for the benefit of someone who is scanning the plugins directory and missing this…

Letter case matters.

There are two geoip2 directories

/GeoIP2
/GeoIp2

Get rid of the /GeoIP2 but keep the /GeoIp2 version…

Odd that the installer doesn’t identify this as a potential conflict and fix the issue but there you go.

2 Likes

Hi,

The issue is that GeoIP2 isn’t an plugin provided by the Matomo team, but by a third party.

1 Like

Understand that Lukas and I’m not assigning blame here… Apologies if that was your interpretation.

It’s just that having worked in coding and various other support arenas before, it’s the kind of issue that tends to clog up support channels so if a simple bit of code will help detect and alert the end-user to the problem and provide a link to the fix, it’s a real time saver for you and the end-user.

2 Likes

@websnail

You are right and therefore the next release tries to uninstall the old plugin: