Pdo enabled but same error message

Hello,

I used piwik for several months but now it doesn’t work because I get an error message regarding pdo extension :

"The PDO extension is required for this adapter but not loaded

Backtrace:

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/piwistats/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(228): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/piwistats/core/Piwik.php(1212): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/piwistats/core/FrontController.php(230): Piwik::createDatabaseObject()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/piwistats/index.php(52): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#4 {main}"

As indicated in some topics of the forum from users who had the same problem, I contacted my server manager to be sure that Pdo was uncommented in the php.ini file and he confirmed to me that it is.

I installed the last version of piwik to try but it’s still the same. Can this error come from something else ? I’m really annoyed because i can’t check and compare my stats and it’s a problem for my job… Any suggestion from developers to resolve this pdo problem ?

Many thanks for help

php : 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.67
Apache 1.3.41 (Unix)

So, after investigations i simply copied a php.ini file directly in my piwik directory with the following lines :

extension=php_pdo.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

… and it works. But as I said before it’s uncommented yet in the real php.ini file so I don’t know why it didn’t work before. Don’t know if it’s a Piwik bug or a problem on my server…

That would be a hosting environment issue.

i solved the problem by creating a new php.ini file directly in my Piwik folder and containing these two sentences :

extension=php_pdo.dll

So this way it works perfectly, even if I don’t know why.

[quote=mako @ Jun 14 2009, 02:54 PM]i solved the problem by creating a new php.ini file directly in my Piwik folder and containing these two sentences :

extension=php_pdo.dll

So this way it works perfectly, even if I don’t know why.[/quote]

It does not work for me. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but how come that things that worked perfectly for weeks don’t work now? PDO support is installed and active on my server, I also did the same procedure as mentioned above (copying the php.ini file to the PIWIK directory) but still not working. I cannot see any server errors…

Any suggestions?

[quote=Phil @ Jun 18 2009, 01:15 PM]It does not work for me. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but how come that things that worked perfectly for weeks don’t work now? PDO support is installed and active on my server, I also did the same procedure as mentioned above (copying the php.ini file to the PIWIK directory) but still not working. I cannot see any server errors…

Any suggestions?[/quote]
maybe try to remove all and install again