Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data

hi

i have a problem for getting reports in piwik from a date range about 30 days on dashboard , visitors , actions tabs. when i want to do this this error occures :

Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Piwik administrator for assistance.

i did archiving with below command :

/usr/bin/php /var/www/html/piwik/console core:archive --url=http://myip/piwik/
and it resolved issue just on dashboard , and it still show that error when i want to get reports for a date range about 30 days on visitors and actions tabs.
when i set the date range to smaller ranges for example about 15 days it is ok and does not shows any error.
i have installed piwik on RHEL with php 5.3.3 and mysql 5.1 .
can anyone help me how to fix this problem.
thanks

Hi there,

Check your server error log for an error message, then check FAQ to find a solution hopefully: FAQ Archive - Analytics Platform - Matomo

hi
in logs it seems that oomkiller is killing httpd and sometimes mysql processes .
the server has 4gb ram it it only runs piwik.

in error logs :
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /var/www/html/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 1159

I have also today same PHP Fatal error in CentOS 6.6+Nginx+php5.3+mariadb 10.0.17.

Response was 'PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 1154 '

I solve this by increasing value of memory_limit in /etc/php.ini to 5120M. Recommended value is 256M. I started to increase value to 512M, then to 1024M and finally to 5120M. After this Fatal error doesn’t appeared anymore.

EDIT: and also edited apc.shm_size value to 5120M in /etc/php.d/apc.ini

But I got new errors:

INFO CoreConsole[2015-04-29 16:31:03] [b4974] Archived website id = 2, period = month, 6503630 visits in last last4 months, 1617355 visits this month, Time elapsed: 30271.564s
 ERROR CoreConsole[2015-04-29 16:31:03] [b4974] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
 ERROR CoreConsole[2015-04-29 16:31:03] [b4974] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

I search this error from google and then I found How do I fix the error "Mysql Server has gone away"? - Analytics Platform - Matomo
Now I increased max_allowed_packet value to 1024M in /etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf and restarted mysql.

I started archiving again and let’s see tomorrow morning is there any error messages anymore :smiley:

EDIT: And there were no errors anymore… so try to edit those values if this solve your problem also