"Oops..." message when loading Visitor Browser widget

Search the forum? Yes.
Search the FAQ? Yes.
Search elsewhere on the web? Yes.

I am having a slight problem with a fresh install of Piwik I’d be very grateful for some assistance with, if anyone might have seen this before…

This is v1.8.4, freshly installed, without any errors, on Win/IIS7. It runs great, except for one minor problem. When loading the Dashboard page and all its widgets, I see the error message: “Oops… problem during the request, please try again”.

I was able to narrow it down to a problem with just the Visitor Browser widget. It shows no data, and the error goes away if I remove the widget from the page, but I would like to use it. All the other widgets are functioning as expected.

In Event Viewer, I find the following error generated every time I load the page:

Faulting application name: php-cgi.exe, version: 5.3.9.0, time stamp: 0x4f0c5cc7
Faulting module name: php5.dll, version: 5.3.9.0, time stamp: 0x4f0c5dfb
Exception code: 0xc0000005

I researched this error code, and the conclusion was, check the php error log. I checked the php error log, and the web server error log, and suprisingly nothing is showing up there.

That’s what I know so far, I’ll post more as I discover it. Thanks very much for any ideas anyone can toss my way.

Maybe try to upgrade PHP to the latest version ?

1.8.4 is not the latest version?

Oh, wait - you said PHP… it’s at 5.3.9 now. Will upgrade to 5.4.7 and let you know. Thanks!