One Matomo installation, several clients

Pardon a possibly stupid question from a noob…

I’m planning of setting up Matomo server and attaching several clients to it. Can the setup be configured so that the clients do not “see” each other (not only that they do not have access to each others data, but also that they do not see the other domains on the same server)? Or do I need to make a separate Matomo server for each of the clients?

Thx,

-Tapio-

Hi,

What do you mean by see the other domains on the same server? If you don’t have access to the other peoples data, you can’t see which websites they are tracking?

Sorry for being unclear. What I mean is that if I use the same Matomo installation to collect data from several clients (who also have access to their own data), I assume that they cannot see each others domain names in the pull-down menu for domain selection. In other words, one client does not know who other clients are served on the same installation (provided that they do not have access to each others domains).

Hi,

In that case: No, users only can see the domains in the dropdown they have read access to.