Obsolete Error Message

Excuse me, but the recommendation provided by this error message is nonsensical. Please name the file that is suppose to read the recommended query string and the code line in which the $_GET or $_REQUEST variable is located. I have now searched index.php, /core/bootstrap.php, /core/dispatch.php, core/FrontController.php, as well as the three files in config/environment/. No where can I find anything that even resembles a $_GET or $_REQUEST superglobal that could process such a request.

A fatal error occurred
Please contact the system administrator, or login to Matomo to learn more.

If you are Super User, but cannot login because of this error, you can still troubleshoot further. Follow these steps:

1. open the config/config.ini.php file and look for the salt value under [General].

2. edit this current URL you are viewing and add the following text (replacing salt_value_from_config by the salt value from the config file):

index.php?i_am_super_user=salt_value_from_config&…

Please provide a clear example of a correct parameter-value pair and reasonable location to send the query. Must I spend USD 175 only to discover how to access a program that may or may be what I once thought Matomo to be – Google Analytics without Google?

My request is really quite simple, but after three days and no money I am exhausted.

Roddy

That param is processed here: matomo/Controller.php at 3.x-dev · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
But it might not help you much, depending on the problem.
Did you have a look at the error log?

Thank you for responding, Stefan,

I am at my wits end.

Nothing has ever appeared in the Matomo error log – neither in file mode, nor in screen mode. What does appear in the error log that I created for the PHP file with which I am trying to communicate with Matomo is the following:

[27-May-2018 14:02:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/thege0/public_html/nudge.online/_utilities/php/matomo/core/Common.php?i_am_superuser=…’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/thege0/public_html/grammarcaptive.com/_utilities/php/matomo/direct_request.php on line 17

Now, this is only one error messages of many that I have received from PHP depending on how I configure the direct_request.php file. What is consistent in all of the error messages, however, is the second half of the message – namely,

“(include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/thege0/public_html/grammarcaptive.com/_utilities/php/matomo/direct_request.php”

Notice the path :/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear. When I bring this to the attention of my host server and tell them that both Matomo and my webpage are running PHP 7.0 they simply discount it as unimportant to the problem.

I do not know enough Apache to discuss the matter. I simply indicate over and over that Matomo may be seeking outdated dependencies in PEAR and not finding what it needs. Never has my host server provided what I would consider an adequate response.

One more thing, my host server uses a software installer called Softaculous. Further I have no access to terminal, as I do not have a private, dedicated server.

Roddy

have you tried following instructions from the error message and adding i_am_super_user=salt_value_from_config to the URL? Then you should get the exact error message, hopefully

Hi, Matthieu

If I remember correctly, the correct parameter name is i_am_superuser. Unfortunately, no message is received. Rather, I obtain an internal server error and am told that the file cannot be found.

Roddy