Non Well Formed Numeric Value in Live Plugin in 3.0

I’ve recently upgraded to 3.0. Very occasionally (notice it maybe once a day), I get lots of error “Notices” at the top of the dashboard screen. Refresh the dashboard, and it’s gone.

The error is “a non well formed numeric value encountered”, and the point in code when it happens is plugins/Live/VisitorProfile.php (line 365)

It’s not something I can consistently reproduce, which I realise makes it a frustrating bug to report. But the orange message said to report it here, so for what it’s worth, here it is.

I’m using PHP 7.1, but this doesn’t sound like any of the non backwards compatible changes between 7.0 and 7.1. I also moved to PHP 7.1 before upgrading Piwik to 3.x, so it was the Piwik upgrade that triggered this rather than the PHP upgrade.

Let me know if you’d like more information.

please report the exact error message in a new ticket in our tracker: Issues · piwik/piwik · GitHub
and we’ll try to take a look!

I had to wait until it happened again. I’ve now caught it: Non Well Formed Numeric Value in Live Plugin in 3.0 · Issue #11066 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub