No traffic measured after update V 4

Hello!
After updating Matomo to V4 no traffic gets measured. When I log in Matomo there are no error messages, just no traffic is tracked anymore.
When on my Website, the Browser reports 400 and 500 Errors when Calling Piwik.

Here a Page as Example : https://www.elternleben.de/haeufige-fragen/trotz-wut/was-ist-die-trotzphase-oder-autonomiephase/

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks in advance,
KR
Luca

This seems to work well on my sideā€¦

okā€¦strange. But i still do not track any traffic!

Matomo Analytics is implemented via Matomo Tag Manager. Do I need to change something in the Configuration after the Update?

From which version?
I order to known breaking changes, you can have a look at:

We updated from 3.something to 4.11.0

Didnā€™t you see my visit?
Today, around 10:00 CEST

Unfortunately not. We have about 2000 Visits per day. I see 0.

Is your site ID still 1?
Is your Matomo URL piwik.elternleben.de?

I just checked again, and no error, 2 actions sent to Matomo:

1. Page view Trotzphase & Autonomiephase bei Kindern (Firefox, 1920x1080, France)
  2. **Scroll event + Page load ** event

Check the Matomo Apache log to see if you see my 2 tracking requestsā€¦

ID is still 1, URL hasnā€™t changed.
Where do I find the log?

The Apache log is located on the host serverā€¦
Can you also check that there is no issue in your Matomo installation (Diagnostic>System check)?

ok Iā€™ll check that! Thank you!

Thank you for the support @heurteph-ei !

I checked the Apache Log and there was this Error:

2022-09-01T07:00:10+02:00 apache2: [Thu Sep 01 07:00:10.685794 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2921645:tid 4158246228] [client 93.193.249.0:42386] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: [piwik.elternleben.de] Error in Matomo (tracker): Error query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ā€˜last_idlink_vaā€™ in ā€˜field listā€™ ā€¦

The problem was caused by the plugin ā€œCustom Variablesā€ that in the new Version needs one extra Column in the Database. The Column is not automatically created during the Matomo update.
After deactivating and re-activating the plugin the Column is created and Tracking works again.

Maybe it helps others with same Issue.

Bye
L

1 Like