No traffic measured after update V 4

Hello!
After updating Matomo to V4 no traffic gets measured. When I log in Matomo there are no error messages, just no traffic is tracked anymore.
When on my Website, the Browser reports 400 and 500 Errors when Calling Piwik.

Here a Page as Example : https://www.elternleben.de/haeufige-fragen/trotz-wut/was-ist-die-trotzphase-oder-autonomiephase/

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks in advance,
KR
Luca

This seems to work well on my side…

ok…strange. But i still do not track any traffic!

Matomo Analytics is implemented via Matomo Tag Manager. Do I need to change something in the Configuration after the Update?

From which version?
I order to known breaking changes, you can have a look at:

We updated from 3.something to 4.11.0

Didn’t you see my visit?
Today, around 10:00 CEST

Unfortunately not. We have about 2000 Visits per day. I see 0.

Is your site ID still 1?
Is your Matomo URL piwik.elternleben.de?

I just checked again, and no error, 2 actions sent to Matomo:

  1. Page view Trotzphase & Autonomiephase bei Kindern (Firefox, 1920x1080, France)
  2. **Scroll event + Page load ** event

Check the Matomo Apache log to see if you see my 2 tracking requests…

ID is still 1, URL hasn’t changed.
Where do I find the log?

The Apache log is located on the host server…
Can you also check that there is no issue in your Matomo installation (Diagnostic>System check)?

ok I’ll check that! Thank you!

Thank you for the support @heurteph-ei !

I checked the Apache Log and there was this Error:

2022-09-01T07:00:10+02:00 apache2: [Thu Sep 01 07:00:10.685794 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2921645:tid 4158246228] [client 93.193.249.0:42386] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: [piwik.elternleben.de] Error in Matomo (tracker): Error query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘last_idlink_va’ in ‘field list’ …

The problem was caused by the plugin “Custom Variables” that in the new Version needs one extra Column in the Database. The Column is not automatically created during the Matomo update.
After deactivating and re-activating the plugin the Column is created and Tracking works again.

Maybe it helps others with same Issue.

Bye
L

1 Like