No Tracking Data Being Recorded

I just installed Piwik a couple days ago. I set up 4-5 sites under the Admin and installed the tracking code on the sites. Most of these are new sites and do not get any traffic, but when I looked at any of them today, there is no traffic recorded for any of them.

They are all WP blogs. I had installed a plugin that was suppose to be loading the code on the pages. After checking, the code was not being inserted. I changed to another plugin, and while it did insert the code on my sites pages, the code did not match the code shown on my admin panel.

I changed to a third plugin that just lets me insert the code in the footer of my site. Now, if I view the “page source” of any page on my site, the correct code is included right before the .

However, I don’t ever get any visits recorded…piwik_log_visit is zero and never changes. I have gone thru the FAQs for this problem and found no resolutions.

[quote=DavidA2 @ Nov 8 2010, 03:06 AM]I just installed Piwik a couple days ago. I set up 4-5 sites under the Admin and installed the tracking code on the sites. Most of these are new sites and do not get any traffic, but when I looked at any of them today, there is no traffic recorded for any of them.

They are all WP blogs. I had installed a plugin that was suppose to be loading the code on the pages. After checking, the code was not being inserted. I changed to another plugin, and while it did insert the code on my sites pages, the code did not match the code shown on my admin panel.

I changed to a third plugin that just lets me insert the code in the footer of my site. Now, if I view the “page source” of any page on my site, the correct code is included right before the .

However, I don’t ever get any visits recorded…piwik_log_visit is zero and never changes. I have gone thru the FAQs for this problem and found no resolutions.[/quote]

I just installed piwik too and everything looks good, but I cannot get any statics either. Are there any standard checks and troubleshooting procedures?

Here is what I found. When I installed Piwik it said to paste this code into the websites that I want to track. However, I had to copy the code from settings after I added the website.

The two bolded tags are different. Piwik needs the right “idsite=” number and the right getTracker number.

I found this in an older post. Thanks.

[quote=hmingo @ Nov 8 2010, 05:40 AM]Here is what I found. When I installed Piwik it said to paste this code into the websites that I want to track. However, I had to copy the code from settings after I added the website.

The two bolded tags are different. Piwik needs the right “idsite=” number and the right getTracker number.

I found this in an older post. Thanks.[/quote]

I have the correct code installed on my site (just as you have listed above), and if I visit my site and (in FireFox) right click on the page I am viewing and click on “View Page Source”, this code (exactly like above) shows included on the source HTMML immediately before the code (I believe this is right where it should be).

I am still not getting any data recorded.

This program looks great…if I could only get it to work. I would like to get rid of Google Analytics on my sites, but without a working alternative, I am stuck.

Where can I go to get some assistance with this problem…anyone?

David: If you checked your web server configuration (e.g., url rewriting, http authentication, mod_security), then I’d suggest looking at your server logs for errors.

Thanks for responding!

How do I check my server config? (I don’t even know what each of these items are. Let alone how to check them.)

In looking at my servers “error log”, the only one I see on my cPanel (I am on Hostgator) shows the last 300 errors. I went to several of my sites while watching this log. I did notice the following line appear each time I displayed a page from a site that I was trying to track with Piwik.

[Tue Nov 09 14:10:33 2010] [error] [client 98.91.18.51] File does not exist: /home/dataent/public_html/403.shtml

OK…I am making a little progress…After over an hour on chat with HostGator (awful!), they changed mod_sec rule 1234234 for me (whatever that means) and it looks like “hits” are now being recorded in my database. However, when I am on my admin screen, all statistics still show zero. Why is this?

Actually, not ALL stats are zero. The “Live Visitors” widget shows data, but all other widgets show zero/“no data”.

[quote=DavidA2 @ Nov 10 2010, 02:40 PM]OK…I am making a little progress…After over an hour on chat with HostGator (awful!), they changed mod_sec rule 1234234 for me (whatever that means) and it looks like “hits” are now being recorded in my database. However, when I am on my admin screen, all statistics still show zero. Why is this?

Actually, not ALL stats are zero. The “Live Visitors” widget shows data, but all other widgets show zero/“no data”.[/quote]
I’m having this exact same issue.
Live Visitors works flawlessly. However the rest of my data never gets updated. I’m still stuck at 1 visitor everywhere.

[quote=makeout @ Nov 16 2010, 04:14 PM]I’m having this exact same issue.
Live Visitors works flawlessly. However the rest of my data never gets updated. I’m still stuck at 1 visitor everywhere.[/quote]

Yep, same problem here. Live visitors works fine but all the other data shows nothing for the day. The documentation says it updates reports every 10 seconds but I find that it takes until 12AM the next day to see any updates. I may as well stay with Google Analytics if I have to wait an entire day before seeing anything.

There is a archiving + timezone issue that’s fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release. If you can’t wait, try updating this file:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/export/3246/trun…eProcessing.php

All who experience this issue, can you please try replace your file core/ArchiveProcessing.php by the new file in:
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…eProcessing.php
(Click at the bottom to download the file)

Does the new file fix your report/timezone issues?

Thank you!

I have replaced file. I will watch over the next couple days, and try to remember to report back if things look better. Thanks!

[quote=matthieu @ Nov 23 2010, 04:36 AM]All who experience this issue, can you please try replace your file core/ArchiveProcessing.php by the new file in:
dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…eProcessing.php
(Click at the bottom to download the file)

Does the new file fix your report/timezone issues?

Thank you![/quote]

I tried replacing the file yesterday. It unfortunatly didn’t fix the problem.
Another thing I find odd is in the live visitors view, when ever I visit my site, the visitors in last 30 minutes count goes up. However, the daily live visitors doesnt. it stayed at 0.

Let me know if I can help you guys track this bug down. I wouldnt mind trying the dev build and giving one of you access.

This is the only problem I seem to have at this point. Everything else seems to be working correctly.

One question I do have…When you select the calendar from the widget that you set your time scale on (top left in default arrangement), why does the calendar start with Monday? This always confuses me. Can it be changed?

Hello,

We tried to fix this issue in Piwik. We released a 1.1 beta 3 (which will become 1.1 if nothing comes up), and we would really appreciate if you could install it and report if the bug above is still there with this new version.

If you still experience an issue with 1.1b3 version, please create a new forum topic explaining your setup (websites, timezones), what you see and what you expected to see.

To install 1.1b3, it is the same process as a normal upgrade:

Thank you for your help!