No tracking after installing World Map: SOLVED

First, hello to everyone.

I’m using Piwik for more nearly two years without any problems ever and I was absolutely pleased, to replace Google Analytics with Piwik.

But now I ran into a problem after installing the World Map plugin. There is no tracking since I installed it. I’ve deactivated the World Map plugin, but that didn’t help.

To my shame, I haven’t done a backup before installing the plugin, and I don’t want to lose the log data.

Has anyone else got this problem, does someone know, what I can do?

Thank you

Stefanie

Installing the world map should not change the way visits are tracked.
What is your website URL?
Maybe a server config has changed. Also check Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo

One address is www.stefanie-stoelting.de, there was no change with the server and Piwik is installed on the same server in a sub-domain.

There are also trackers of other domains, that are not hosted on the same server, there is exactly no tracking since the installation of the World Map of all registered domains.

perhaps you use the old tracking code and should switch to the new one?

The tracking code in Piwik is the same, as on the websites. It happened not to one website, it happened to all websites, that should be tracked.

have you debug the problem with firebug?

Hi Stephanie, looking at your website using firebug I see that the Piwik request fails:
http://piwik.stefanie-stoelting.de/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stefanie-stoelting.de%2F&res=1440x900&h=11&m=27&s=8&cookie=1&urlref=&rand=0.509572857430007&pdf=1&qt=1&realp=0&wma=1&dir=0&fla=1&java=1&gears=0&ag=1&action_name=Stefanie%20Janine%20Stölting%20|%20Beratung%20und%20Softwareentwicklung

ERROR: GeoIp file /www/htdocs/w00bc305/plugins/GeoIP/libs/GeoIP.dat could not be found! Make sure you downloaded and extract the GeoIp city database as explained on Plugin using GeoIP to accurately detect visitor countries, cities, and continent · Issue #5465 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Try disable the GeoIP plugin for now which should resume visits, or put back the GeoIP.dat file.

Hi Matthieu,

Thank you very much for your help, the problem is solved.
I couldn’t test it with Firebug on Linux with the previous version. All I saw was a white screen.