No statistics shown when PDFreports active


#1

referring to Piwik 1.1.1

Hi folks,

there is a huge problem when activating the PDFreports plugin. When I activate it and go back to the dashboard, nothing is shown anymore - all I get is a blank screen. I’ve also tried this with a newly installed PIWIK but I get the same error.

See the attached image for details.

On another website, the same error does not show up - for whatever reason.

As you can see in the image, the browser is reporting an error. The error reads:


Meldung: '(' erwartet ('(' expected)
Zeile: 1303
Zeichen: 10
Code: 0
URI: http://{URL}/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=eb018d17d21d0211cacb8d9daa3f01be


Meldung: Objekt erwartet (Object expected)
Zeile: 81
Zeichen: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://{URL}/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today


Meldung: Objekt erwartet (Object expected)
Zeile: 121
Zeichen: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://{URL}/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today


Meldung: Objekt erwartet (Object expected)
Zeile: 201
Zeichen: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://{URL}/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today

Has anybody else experienced this? Are there any suggestions?


#2

Update: I could resolve the problem partly. Maybe someone could have a look at this issue to check what went wrong…

As I mentioned, I had both a working and a non working installation of PIWIK. Also I tried with a fresh install on a test system which also showed the error. After comparing the config.inc.php of the working and non working system I found the following:

In both non-working installations the “proxy” plugin was loaded twice (I did not change this at any time!):


Plugins[] = CorePluginsAdmin
Plugins[] = CoreAdminHome
Plugins[] = CoreHome
Plugins[] = API
Plugins[] = Widgetize
Plugins[] = LanguagesManager
Plugins[] = Actions
Plugins[] = Dashboard
Plugins[] = MultiSites
Plugins[] = Referers
Plugins[] = UserSettings
Plugins[] = UserCountry
Plugins[] = VisitsSummary
Plugins[] = VisitFrequency
Plugins[] = VisitTime
Plugins[] = VisitorInterest
Plugins[] = Provider
Plugins[] = Login
Plugins[] = UsersManager
Plugins[] = SitesManager
Plugins[] = Installation
Plugins[] = AnonymizeIP
Plugins[] = CoreUpdater
Plugins[] = GeoIP
Plugins[] = Live
Plugins[] = UserCountryMap
Plugins[] = SEO
Plugins[] = Goals
[b]Plugins[] = Proxy[/b]
Plugins[] = CoreHome
Plugins[] = CoreUpdater
Plugins[] = CoreAdminHome
Plugins[] = CorePluginsAdmin
Plugins[] = Installation
Plugins[] = SitesManager
Plugins[] = UsersManager
Plugins[] = API
[b]Plugins[] = Proxy[/b]
Plugins[] = PDFReports

After removing the last line with “Plugins[] = Proxy” the problem does no longer appear, everything seems to work as expected - but:

Clicking “create and plan a report” doesn’t do anything at all - there’s simply no reaction.

Deactivating the plugin and reactivating it again leads back to the initial point: Nothing is shown anymore.


(Matthieu Aubry) #3

This is really unexpected. can you try to delete your browser cache and try again? the line appearing twice in the config file should not be a problem.


#4

That’s an interesting point. As the website of PIWIK stated that when upgrading to 1.1.1 the browser cache should be deleted as otherwise a blank screen might be the result, I did the following: (1) Log in to Piwik, (2) update to 1.1.1, (3) log out, (4) clear the browser cache, (5) log in again.

Then, after activating the (previously deactivated) PDFreports plugin, the Dashboard showed up blank. I then used the Internet Explorer (which I normally never use) to check, but the same problem appeared.

I’ve now removed all the lines with “Plugins[] = Proxy”, while leaving “Plugins[] = PDFreports” at the end of the list. Then I logged in again, deactivated PDFreports in the settings tab, logged out and in again, “re”-activated PDFreports, logged out, deleted the browser cache and suddenly everything worked as expected.

Odd, very odd…