No Emails in 2.0.3

Hi there!

Recently upgraded from 1.13 to 2.0.3 and all emails have stopped. Have seen the posts about reports not being sent but I’m not getting emails sent when I create users.
Have tried putting the archiving cron job in, not getting anything in the logs.

Any ideas?

Kirsty

…same here… :S

Manually triggered mails work fine, Crontab to automatically archive the reports ([…]/misc/cron/archive.php) is running every hour…

I stumbled across a couple of older posts regarding the same problem, but they’re from 2012 and concerning version 1.7 or something…
-> forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,90170

Can anyone help with this?

Did you setup the cron: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

I also created a ticket: Regressed: Scheduled reports should be sent automatically by webcron, when cron is not setup · Issue #4612 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

I have set up the cron, and that is running every hour. Took a while to fiddle about with folder permissions to get things running. I can see the cron running every hours but still not getting user creation emails through.

I have noticed errors in the logs… :

SCHEDULED TASKS
Starting Scheduled tasks...
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: <serveraddress>/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=40a622f8e30839c8594ccdcd30cc02c6&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'curl_exec: Empty reply from server'

done
---------------------------
---------------------------
SUMMARY OF ERRORS
Error: Got invalid response from API request: <serveraddress>/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=40a622f8e30839c8594ccdcd30cc02c6&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'curl_exec: Empty reply from server'
1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors
ERROR: 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. First error was: Got invalid response from API request: <serveraddress>/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=40a622f8e30839c8594ccdcd30cc02c6&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'curl_exec: Empty reply from server'

Any ideas?

Please check your server error log -> what info do you see there?

Hi there, can’t see anything in the error logs but I don’t have access to all of them.

The server is hosted else where and I have user access only so have had to change file permissions and run the cron as piwik and not as apache.
Have changed files permissions to be owned by apache but in piwiks group and given group the same access to files as apache has as per the instructions for setting up piwik and cron.

The report emails are coming through fine, it is just the new user ones, something isn’t firing somewhere and unfortunately don’t know where to begin!

please try using 2.0.4-beta10

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help in this but unfortunately no luck using 2.0.4-beta 10…

How are the new user emails kicked off?