"No data has been recorded yet" - mod_security error? (Hostgator)

Hello!

So, I’ve installed Piwik onto a subdomain and it’s saying no data has been recorded yet when I log-in to view the stats. I’ve tried going on to the site myself with multiple devices and browsers to no avail. I suspect it may have to do with the mod_security as I am with Hostgator as touched on in your documentation about the no data error.

I did contact Hostgator to ask them to whitelist Piwik, and this was their response:

Hostgator: There are no past mod_security blocks in your logs and there are no hits currently in real time. We would need to be able to replicate the mod_security error to be able to whitelist the rule ID.
Me: How would you replicate it?
Hostgator: You would need to trigger the error. Most people receive the mod_sec error when attempting to install or run a plugin, script, etc. We would have them run / install it while we’re watching the logs to be able to see the rule ID that we would need to whitelist.
Me: So, I’m not sure what to do then
Hostgator: You could attempt to find a way to trigger the error. Perhaps the developer knows of a way.

So, if any kind soul out there could shed some light on what I should do next, it would be greatly appreciated :).

Hi there,

maybe check the FAQ about “no data” in case you missed it: Piwik doesn’t track any visits and pages, and shows “There is no data for this report” in all reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hi Matt,

I’ve read the FAQ a few times. Maybe in the future someone can do a “newbie” version of it, because I’m still lost and it seems this error comes up a lot.

Thanks anyway.

Also, my first post indicated that I had read your documentation and I asked a question regarding what I’d read. Not trying to be rude, but perhaps more careful reading would help in understanding our Piwik issues. I know you must be terribly busy and we’re free users. Just my $0.02. Hopefully, I can use Piwik in the future because it looks very impressive.