New install now Zend errors

I just finished my install of Piwik and was able to access the dashboard and prep for a new site to test the system. Everything worked fine, I added the site, added users, etc.

As soon as we added the tracking script to the website I started to see this upon login:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Session_Exception’ with message ‘Zend_Session::start() - C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:480): Error #2 session_start(): open(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sess_vul1j5voku1qk2o91mln6bjv05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): open(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sess_vul1j5voku1qk2o91mln6bjv05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\WINDOWS\Temp) Array’ in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php:493 Stack trace: #0 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\index.php(89): Zend_Session::start() #1 {main} thrown in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php on line 493

I’m guessing that this is a permissions issue, but I’m not certain what exactly the permissions need to be here. Any ideas?

[quote=jamesd @ Mar 26 2010, 06:54 PM]I just finished my install of Piwik and was able to access the dashboard and prep for a new site to test the system. Everything worked fine, I added the site, added users, etc.

As soon as we added the tracking script to the website I started to see this upon login:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Session_Exception’ with message ‘Zend_Session::start() - C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:480): Error #2 session_start(): open(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sess_vul1j5voku1qk2o91mln6bjv05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): open(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sess_vul1j5voku1qk2o91mln6bjv05, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\WINDOWS\Temp) Array’ in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php:493 Stack trace: #0 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\index.php(89): Zend_Session::start() #1 {main} thrown in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\libs\Zend\Session.php on line 493

I’m guessing that this is a permissions issue, but I’m not certain what exactly the permissions need to be here. Any ideas?[/quote]

Figured it out. Security was not set for the Windows\temp folder.