Multi domain question

Hello,

I want to install Piwik on one of our Webservers. But I got a little Question.
On one of our hostings there are dozens of domains pointing on it …
Do I have to add every domain to Piwik or is it enough if I just add one Domain to track all of them?

Thank you
Andreas

It’s OK to just add one domain, but your other domains will appear in Referers > Websites

thx for the fast answer!
This would be OK for me! :wink:

Another Question:
Is it possible that one JS tracking code can report the tracking to “2 websites”?
We got a CMS where we run hundreds of Web-Sites … and I want an overall statistic for all Websites together and detailed stats for every single site …
So I want piwik to report to tracker 1 and let’s say 5 …

possible?

If not - is it possible to insert 2 JS tracking codes on one site?

thx, bye
Andreas

Yes, OK to insert 2 codes, see: http://piwik.org/docs/javascript-tracking/#toc-multiple-piwik-trackers

seems like Piwik is excactly what we look for! :wink:

Got one additional question.

I think about implementing Piwik into our CMS.
When we add a new User to our CMS I would automatically create the Piwik User in die Piwik DB (guess it’s enough to add him into piwik_user?).
But is there the possibility to do a single login for our CMS and Piwik?
If Users logs into our CMS he should automatically be logged in to Piwik.

Is this possible? (cookies, CURL request to piwik, ?!?)

Thank you
Andreas

do NOT insert stuff directly in the DB. Use the UsersManager.addUser API instead: http://piwik.org/docs/analytics-api/reference/#UsersManager

ok - sound convincing! :wink:

and about the single login? do you know any possibility to realize this?

Andreas

please search faq: How to - Analytics Platform - Matomo

ok … it’s a classical RTFM … :wink:

integration into our CMS works like a charm …

thank you for the good support and your patience with me! :wink:

We’ve just released a new plugin which could really helpful to you: Roll-Up Reporting aggregates data from multiple websites, mobile apps and shops into a Roll-Up site to gain new insights and save time.

Roll-Up ReportingRoll-Up Reporting lets you aggregate data from multiple websites and apps into one single site. It lets you answer questions like “How many visits happened on all of my websites and apps?” and “Which campaigns contributed the most across several of my websites?” or “How do my various Brands overall compare with each other?” When you have several shops (eg white-labels) it is very valuable to see how your ecommerce shops are performing overall. Or when you are a web agency and you are serving many customers and want to provide each customer with a single aggregate view of all their web properties. Roll-Up Reporting lets you analyze this aggregated data in one site so easily. It saves you lots of time and helps you gain the insights you need instantly.

The Roll-Up Reporting User Guide and the
Roll-Up Reporting FAQ cover how to get the most out of this plugin.

For any other question feel free to contact us.