Most popular pages

Hi all!

I have just started to look into piwik and I’m starting to really like it. I am planning on using Piwik as the stat engine for a simple CMS solution, where I’d like to start out with just showing some simple stats as “numer of views for current page”, “number of visitors for current page” and some summarized stats for the site like “top 5 popular pages”, “top 5 referering pages” and “top 5 visitors(IP-address)”.

I have achieved the per page stats by implementing my own plugin based on Actions.getActions, but I am not sure how I should approach the “most popular” stats.

Does anyone have any hints to start me off?

Best regards,
Håvard

[quote=havard @ Aug 5 2009, 02:57 PM]Hi all!

I have just started to look into piwik and I’m starting to really like it. I am planning on using Piwik as the stat engine for a simple CMS solution, where I’d like to start out with just showing some simple stats as “numer of views for current page”, “number of visitors for current page” and some summarized stats for the site like “top 5 popular pages”, “top 5 referering pages” and “top 5 visitors(IP-address)”.

I have achieved the per page stats by implementing my own plugin based on Actions.getActions, but I am not sure how I should approach the “most popular” stats.

Does anyone have any hints to start me off?

Best regards,
Håvard[/quote]

I also have same concern, how will I know how many number of visitors for current page and the top 5 popular pages. Please enlighten us on this. Thanks.

for technical questions, I recommend using the piwik-hackers mailing list (info on dev.piwik.org)

I’ve written a post explaining how to use piwik’s database to get the 10 most popular pages in the last week out of the piwik (1.5.1) database which may be of some help.

I couldn’t find a nice way to achieve exactly what I wanted with the API. It seems that it can retrieve only a list of page titles or of page URLs and I wanted both so I could construct links to my popular pages. Here it is in action on my list of most popular stuff this week.

Thanks for following up!