Monitoring goals seems not to work

I set up two goals on my website and tested them by clicking on the according links myself, but no conversions showing.
Website www.jackpotlotteryonline.com
1 Go Pages Visit a given URL (page or group of pages)
Pattern contains: go
2 wintrillions banners Click on a Link to an external website
Pattern contains: http://www.wintrillions.com
Any ideas why this is not working? I tried an exact match URL (external) and it is not working, while an exact match internal URL shows a goal conversion when clicked upon.
Could this be related to my robots.txt, which excludes the following:
Disallow: /administrator/
Disallow: /cache/
Disallow: /components/
Disallow: /go/
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /includes/
Disallow: /installation/
Disallow: /language/
Disallow: /libraries/
Disallow: /media/
Disallow: /modules/
Disallow: /plugins/
Disallow: /templates/
Disallow: /tmp/
Disallow: /xmlrpc/

Goal conversions are tracked once per visit, so maybe your tests wouldn’t work if you converted already in one visit.

If not, and you still see no conversion after few hours, let us know the content of your piwik_goal table, and what URLs you expect to have them triggered.

cant find that table piwik_goal?

where are you looking?

its in the piwik database

you need to export the table as an sql file and then open it to see the results, or not

Would it be asking too much what the table’s file name and location is? I am not a programmer, so bear with me.
How can I open the SQL file once I found it?

Ok I found the database. Here are thew goals that are not working:
1 1 Go Pages url Index of /go contains 0 1 0
1 2 wintrillions banners external_website wintrillions.com contains 0 1 0

Btw, is it normal that the database still contains goals I created but then deleted?

I believe this is normal … keeping a deleted goal (deactivated) in the database allows unarchived goals conversions can still be recorded.

anyone has a solution for this problem?
Is the fact that in my robots.txt I disallowed the /go directory influence the goal tracking, i.E. would the disallow mean that a goal for an internal page like www.mydomain.com/go/xxx.php would not be tracked?

No. Piwik doesn’t use the robots.txt file.

hmmm… then I don’t see a reason why the tracking doesnt work. And why are deleted goals still showing in my piwik_goals table?

From what I can see, there’s no Piwik tracking on wintrillions.com. That means, you need tracking code on www.jackpotlotteryonline.com to invoke the server-side Goal manager.

For your first goal, does www.jackpotlotteryonline.com/go/english.php contain the Piwik tracking code or use the server-side tracking API? AFAIK it simply does a redirect to wintrillions.com. And because it’s a redirect, it isn’t an outlink, and thus, couldn’t have triggered the second goal.

What I would suggest is that you either:

• use the server-side tracker for your redirect (see libs/PiwikTracker) and track the goal manually, or
  • rewrite go/english.php as a client-side redirect, which embeds the JavaScript tracking code.

I understand that, but the goal was set up so it would be tracking hits on an internal page (Visit a given URL (page or group of pages)). I changed the goal to URL: http://www.jackpotlotteryonline.com/go/english.php now - shouldn’t that track goals, even when the php file redirects to an external page?
What I need to know is, if I want to track hits to xxx.php (and if it is a redirect to a www.wintrillions.com page), do I need to define it as internal or external?

If you set a goal on an action, that action has to be a pageview (not an inlink).

If you can’t use the PiwikTracker, add your own click handler to track the goal manually using trackGoal().

Checked that option in the documentation, but this is waaayyy over my head I’m afraid…