Mobile User Tracking

Does Piwik track mobile users e.g. iPhones?

I’ve just visited my page via iPhone and the visit isn’t shown on Piwik.

Thanks in advance

Yes it does.

I test Piwik and my website all the time and Piwik shows both iPhone and iPad under recent visitors.

However, I recently discovered that if you’re using Skyfire browser for iPhone the visit does not get tracked, but if you use Safari it does.

Skyfire acts as a proxy. Their server identifies itself as a Firefox user-agent, but is rumored to be based on Webkit (vs Gecko). This is apparently intentional to workaround potential content blocking, so afaik, there’s no fix / workaround forthcoming from Skyfire.

I tried to use the tracking on iPad App which is based on HTML, and tracking seems not to work here. Does anyone has any hints?

So the iPad App uses a Webkit Wrapper do display the HTML page and javascript is supported. Also is the iPad connected to the internet, so I expected that the Piwik Tracking is working, but there are no visits visible :confused:

I am also testing the folder with my HTML files with the Goodreader App, and here I have the same problem - no visits are tracked.

UPDATE: it seems, that I made silly mistake, so I guess the visits from within the iPad app are tracked as well - i will test that, and hope that i can report a success here later.

Thx,
Walter

I’ve recorded hits from WebOS, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, iPod and Windows Phone 7 devices all being recognized correctly.

I can finally confirm that tracking visits from within a HTML based iPad App is working :slight_smile:

I’m always like amazed to see iPod, iPad and the likes in my stats.
As time go, theres more and more visitors using thoses.
I wonder how my sites looks like on thoses devices.
I dont provide mobile CSS because i dont possess any of thoses.
I hope they have proper zoom because i make my pages about 7xx pixels large.

See request for a better device detection in piwik! this ticket: Better Device detection (mobile, TVs, consoles, etc.): New "Devices" report? · Issue #3612 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub