Missing file API.php in installation zip file causing error in dashboard

Hi, after extracting and uploading (in BINARY format through Filezilla) the latest zip file contents, I ran the installation. On the installation page, among all the green ticks on the page, there was a warning about partial or failed file error for a file called API.php.

I tried reuploading all files & folders several times (skipping existing files to speed up the process), but couldn’t get rid of the warning.

I ignored the error and proceeded with installation, which was otherwise successful, including successfully installing the DB.

However, now, the Matomo dashboard widget “Visits in Real-time” displays the following error message:
Error: \Piwik\Plugins\Live\API that provide an API must be Singleton and have a ‘public static function getInstance()’ method.
And the Visits Log displays the error:
"Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Matomo administrator for assistance. "

Hi,

Please contact your FTP server host with more details about this error as they and you are the only ones that can solve it.

If possible you could of course also just upload the whole zip file to the server and then unzip it there.

Thanks Lukas.

I will try your suggestions tomorrow.

Hi Lukas,

The installation ran perfectly after I uploaded the zip file and unzipped it remotely.

Thanks

1 Like