Missed visitors?

Hi,

I am using 2 scripts to track my visitors Piwik and phpTrafficA and comparing both visitors log I conclude that Piwik log doesn't show all visitors.
For example, I just verified that one bot is scanning my server from Ukraine bizimbal.com/odb/details.html?id=707609 to search bugs etc. and I couldn't find this ip on Piwik log. How to fix it? It's important for me to ban such ip numbers.

Piwik doesn’t track most bots because bots don’t execute JavaScript.

You should be able to use one of the techniques on this page to accomplish what you want:

http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-api/

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 23 2010, 05:40 PM]Piwik doesn’t track most bots because bots don’t execute JavaScript.

You should be able to use one of the techniques on this page to accomplish what you want:

piwik.org/docs/tracking-api/[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.
This is not only about bots but real visitors also, I can track a few more on phpTrafficA but I conclude that these visitors have JavaScript disabled.
Anyway I will try your solution, I have to say that your script is one of the best, I can only suggest to develop log visitors page (show more details of visitors and possibility to compare them) and to add labels function for repeat visitors.

I agree with you, I used phpTrafficA and it tracks all the visitors and Piwik dosent track many visitors, It just displays number of visitors and when I go to Visitor Log I dont see anything.

Everything else being equal (though I’m sure there are other differences), phpTrafficA uses a 15 minute cut-off for a visit, while Piwik uses 30 minutes. If a visitor spends 20 minutes on a page before browsing the next page, phpTrafficA counts it as two visits; Piwik counts it as one.