Missed visitors?

(Kalreg) #1

Hi,

I am using 2 scripts to track my visitors Piwik and phpTrafficA and comparing both visitors log I conclude that Piwik log doesn't show all visitors.
For example, I just verified that one bot is scanning my server from Ukraine bizimbal.com/odb/details.html?id=707609 to search bugs etc. and I couldn't find this ip on Piwik log. How to fix it? It's important for me to ban such ip numbers.

(vipsoft) #2

Piwik doesn’t track most bots because bots don’t execute JavaScript.

You should be able to use one of the techniques on this page to accomplish what you want:

http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-api/

(Kalreg) #3

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 23 2010, 05:40 PM]Piwik doesn’t track most bots because bots don’t execute JavaScript.

You should be able to use one of the techniques on this page to accomplish what you want:

piwik.org/docs/tracking-api/[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.
This is not only about bots but real visitors also, I can track a few more on phpTrafficA but I conclude that these visitors have JavaScript disabled.
Anyway I will try your solution, I have to say that your script is one of the best, I can only suggest to develop log visitors page (show more details of visitors and possibility to compare them) and to add labels function for repeat visitors.

(saudiqbal) #4

I agree with you, I used phpTrafficA and it tracks all the visitors and Piwik dosent track many visitors, It just displays number of visitors and when I go to Visitor Log I dont see anything.

(vipsoft) #5

Everything else being equal (though I’m sure there are other differences), phpTrafficA uses a 15 minute cut-off for a visit, while Piwik uses 30 minutes. If a visitor spends 20 minutes on a page before browsing the next page, phpTrafficA counts it as two visits; Piwik counts it as one.