Minimum number of files to serve a tracking request

Hello everyone!

I have an installation of Piwik at stats.domain.com/piwik/, where I log in and see the analytics and such stuff. Archiving is done here, too (archive.sh script).

I have a few domains I want to track with Piwik. They are in different VPS (Xen Hypervisor) in the same physical host and, sharing one database server and one database, I’d like to use a set up like this:

domain1.com -> domain1.com/piwik/piwik.[js|php]
domain2.com -> domain2.com/piwik/piwik.[js|php]

The domains being monitored only have Apache aliases for the two files piwik.js and piwik.php (not a /piwik/ alias as the main setup does). I do this because I don’t want tracking petitions to go outside the domain being tracked (from a client’s perspective I want to keep everything on the domain being visited).

So I have copied the installation of Piwik to the three domains, but actually created the two mentioned aliases. This is working fine, but I’d like not to have to maintain more than one installation of Piwik (just copy a few files from the main installation to all the tracked domains).

So, my question is: what is the minimum number of files from the Piwik installation that I need to copy over those other two VPS? In the end, only the main installation will execute the archive.sh script and will be accesed to review the generated statistics.

• config/config.ini.php
  • piwik.js
  • piwik.php
  • bootstrap.php
  • libs/*
  • core/*
  • Anything else?

Could someone tell me the exact files required inside libs/ and core/ ? Plenty of files there and, for instance, I don’t think I need Smarty just to track a visit, do I? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Thanks in advance and congratulations for such a great software. Keep up the good work!

we don’t recommend copying a subset of the files, better copy all files, they won’t add any overhead