Memory problems runnng archive.php

Hello, I’m using Matomo 3.4.0 (MySQL: 4.1.25, PHP: 5.5.38) for a single site on a commercial hosting. When I run the cron/archive.php I get the following error:

INFO CoreAdminHome[2018-04-04 23:42:51 UTC] [db604] Error: Got invalid response from API request: ?module=API&method=API.get&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&trigger=archivephp. Response was ‘a:2:{s:6:“result”;s:5:“error”;s:7:“message”;s:85:“Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4294967296 bytes)”;}’

I also tried to completely empty the Matomo database (a few months of unprocessed data were collected…), but nothing changed: the error is exactly the same.
The strange numbers showed for allowed memory (800MB) and requested memory (4GB!) have a meaning? Am I experiencing a configuration error, or is this just a way for Matomo to tell me that I need more memory?
Thank you!

Matomo 3.4 should not be able to run at all with MySQL 4 and PHP 5.5!?

That error you are seeing is a PHP error, but it should not use 4GB RAM…

Matomo runs on PHP version 5.5.9 or greater, but indeed needs at least MySQL version 5.5.

You made me figure out that my server doesn’t match the minimum requirements for both php and mysql. I never thought about it because I installed Piwik using my hosting provider’s installer… Thank you.