Matomo UI not showing after install


#1

I installed the Matomo 3.3.0 successfully (only had to set <IfModule mod_php5.c> php_value always_populate_raw_post_data -1 </IfModule> in .htaccess).

After install I logged in, but the UI displays only a toolbar, no content. I tested it with Firefox, and clean Chromium (no add-ons). I tried logging in by Android app (in emulator), and it works fine (shows my own testing visits).
In console in Firefox, there are two errors in angular.min.js 123:467 (can upload whole log, but its big).

Also tried this, didn’t work.

At the install check, there was a warning about small RAM (running on a public hosting), might it be the problem?

Thanks for any help.


(Lukas Winkler) #2

Hi,

Have you installed Matomo in a subdirectory of another CMS (like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress or something like that?


#3

Hi,
I am sorry for the late response. I installed Matomo in a subdir /matomo in my hosting root folder. There is no CMS (just a few simple HTML pages).

Also, when I tried demo in the same browser, it showed properly.


(Lukas Winkler) #4

Hi,

Can you check what requests fail (are red) on the network tab of your browser (F12).
Is there maybe a .htaccess file in the root directory that blocks something?


#5

.htaccess isn’t in the /matomo dir. This is a full content of the root dir .htaccess :

#Protect .htaccess
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>



#FreeScript
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
<IfDefine !Free>
<IfModule  mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "private, max-age=0, must-revalidate"
Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=8; IE=9; IE=10"
</IfModule>
</IfDefine>

#matomo
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
  php_value always_populate_raw_post_data   -1
</IfModule>

By the network tab, http://mypage.com/matomo/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCss&cb=ac9e2d2684090fae654f5931d63b05c3 fails with code 304, everything else is OK (200).


#6

I haven’t touched it for a while, but recently I wanted to make it work. I discovered the solution by a chance, when I changed the webhosting settings. The error was caused by inserting an ad.

For future references:
the solution was to change webhosting settings to show ad only on an index page.

Anyway, thanks for help.


(Lukas Winkler) #7

Hi,

I’d rather say the solution is quickly searching for a webhosting company that doesn’t modify your site in any way.

That’s horrible from a security standpoint as everything injected into your website has full access to the content, but also to the browser of your visitors. You really don’t want random companies to do that.

Besides the privacy advantage of using Matomo is gone if every advertisment company can directly track all visitors or even read the data sent to Matomo.