Matomo Tracker - WordPress Plugin

Hi,

I have been a matomo fanboy for a long time. And first thank you for such a usefull tool !

BUT :

As a WordPress user I have been developping a WordPress Plugin long ago initially called “PIWIK TRACKER” and renamed “MATOMO TRACKER” (while rebrand happened) as no one was providing such support.

I’m believing in a web where the wtfpl License is what the web should be …

Today I just received a WordPress notice : “YOUR PLUGIN HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR TRADEMARK ABUSE” …

So by now I’m just wondering what’ll be your next move ?

Just stealing my code and publish it as an “official” matomo WP plugin since the source code is available on github since the beginning of its developpment (https://github.com/niroma/matomo-tracker).

My intention wasn’t to steal anything and I’m not doing any money by supporting users or developping this plugin …

The plugin dev started when matomo was still Piwik …

I’ve been voting for your “rebrand” and “new logo” …

So just wondering why such a move from your part ? But just WTF … What will be your next move ?

Have a nice day, sorry I you feel I’m a bit angry but I just don’t understand …

EDIT : :slight_smile:

• LOL I JUST SAW YOUR NEW HEADING : “Matomo Analytics for WordPress has now launched! Download now!” nice move guys :smile:"

• FFS Even google doesn’t mind people using “Google analytics” in their plugin name but you’re chosing another way … While piwik was free for a decade maybe your new intentions are making cash from “MATOMO” … I’m not judging … Do what you think is good for you…

• Also, personnally, and I think I’m not the only one, I do not want a fucked up plugin overloading my WP dashboard while I’m self hosting a matomo install tracking hundreds of website.

Hi @Niroma, before we contacted WordPress we had sent you 2 or 3 emails via your website contact form as we couldn’t see otherwise contact details from you online. Maybe you didn’t get our emails then, not sure what happened. I wanted to clarify that we didn’t steal any code and also the reason we asked to remove the plugin is because it infringed our trademark policy and you had not replied to our contacts so we were not sure what else to do. Thank you for your understanding and wishing you all the best. We hope you will still use and get value from Matomo for your hundreds of websites! Best,