Matomo not tracking any data

So, what’s your solution?

same thing happen to me, I think I’ve done everything right, and no error message both in matomo and my tracked website, but it won’t start counting. Somebody can share your experience or suggestion here?

Thanks

Hi @ariefdonie,

Do the requests to piwik.js and piwik.php work?

Then you can try enabling Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3
and then the piwik.php request will verbosely explain why the data isn’t saved.

Hi Lukas, when I open /piwik.php the page display: “This resource is part of Matomo. Keep full control of your data with the leading free and open source digital analytics platform for web and mobile”. is it right?

on the other hand, I can acces /piwik.js without problem from internet without loging in.

thanks

Sorry, I meant when you open your website, do the requests in the network tab to those two files go through?

There is no error message at all from browser debugger when I access my tracked web homepage. So I thought there’s no connection problem. yes, I can view piwik.js from debugger menu

Then I’d recommend to enable debugging (as linked above) and check the piwik.php response in the network tab. It should show a log.

in the network tab, there are a yellow flag about piwik.php and piwik.js. it states 302 Object moved, and the remote adress column contains my local IP not my domain or public IP. What should I do then?

Hi,

Both of this shouldn’t happen but are done by your webserver, so you’ll need to check the webserver config.

Hi Lukas, do you have any idea or hint what part of web config I should check up? Thanks

Honestly no,
There are far to many things that depend on what kind of server, os, etc. so it’s hard to make remote diagnostics.

OK then, I’ll try to consult my network administrator, thank you anyway for your suggestion.

Regards

SOLVED. My Network administrator detects method GET /piwik.php? as an attack so that we have to add this event as an exception.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: No tracking in mobile webapp